Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Rep experience

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

US Rep experience

Amazingly, I had an interaction with a rep from US Bank which was underwhelming (yes, big news I know).  I didn't receive a text for Real Time Rewards and wondered why.  He asked what the number was and I told him.  "Is that a cell phone?"  I told him it was Google Voice.  "A WHAT???"  and told me it has to be a cell phone, even though the GV account in front of me shows lots of RTR texts.  OK, maybe it's changed.

I asked if he could do the redemption for me.  "Yes, I can do statement credit."  For 1c per point, and that's all RTR is anyway he told me, showing unaware of the benefits.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: US Rep experience

@longtimelurker wrote:

Amazingly, I had an interaction with a rep from US Bank which was underwhelming (yes, big news I know).  I didn't receive a text for Real Time Rewards and wondered why.  He asked what the number was and I told him.  "Is that a cell phone?"  I told him it was Google Voice.  "A WHAT???"  and told me it has to be a cell phone, even though the GV account in front of me shows lots of RTR texts.  OK, maybe it's changed.

I asked if he could do the redemption for me.  "Yes, I can do statement credit."  For 1c per point, and that's all RTR is anyway he told me, showing unaware of the benefits.

Sorry you're having issues getting the RTR texts.  It could be a new issue with the Google Voice number, or if could just be U.S. Bank being U.S. Bank.  I guess either way one could say it's the latter causing the former, but I digress. Smiley Frustrated

I'm not shocked at all at the rep's confusion over RTR... based on what I've read around the interwebs it's not unusual at all for many if not most of their reps to have minimal knowledge on that feature (if any at all).  As long as the automation works you're golden, but otherwise hang on for the ride.

I've been lucky so far... I usually do one 'big' (to me) redemption a year, and so far it's always worked.  I admit I hold my breath, though, since I know there would be virtually no support if it glitched for some reason.

Message 2 of 16
digitek
Established Contributor

I had a Google Voice number for a long time and the last few years it caused a bunch of different issues with things, mainly regarding banks and SMS verifications. Had issues with both US Bank and USAA not allowing any verification to be sent to VoIP numbers. I am pretty sure it is a security thing, but not 100% sure why. I eventually just got rid of it because trying to untangle that mess was not happening, their policy was strict that they will not send them to those kinds of numbers.

Sorry to hear about the RTR redemption, from what I gather if the text/respond doesn't work automatically there isn't much that can be done, so just have to pray that it happens correctly after the transaction.

Message 3 of 16
Kforce
Valued Contributor

To overcome VoIP issues, I went this route.

I got a cheap $19.95 flip phone and a prepay $10 for 166 minute plan.

The minutes last for 4 months, before you need to drop another $10.

Unused minutes rollover.  (10+tax) = < 11.00

11.00/4 = $2.75 a month will solve the issue.

I really like my $20 flip phone.    Smiley LOL

pp_1.png

pp_2.png

Message 4 of 16
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

What company is that cell phone from/for???????

EQ - 812 / TU - 804 / EX - 803

Message 5 of 16
GZG
Valued Contributor

@Kforce wrote:

pp_1.png

pp_2.png

I wonder if you port over one of those numbers over to Google Voice if it wouldn't be considered a VOIP number anymore

Starting FICO 8:
Current FICO 8:

2/6, 3/12, 11/24
Message 6 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Kforce wrote:

pp_1.png

pp_2.png

I bet you're typing with your brand new Leapfrog laptop, too! Because $9.99 (might be more now cuz inflation n'stuff ) 

Message 7 of 16
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@IntegerIntrovert wrote:

What company is that cell phone from/for???????

Page Plus Cellular

https://www.pagepluscellular.com

Message 8 of 16
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I bet you're typing with your brand new Leapfrog laptop, too! Because $9.99 (might be more now cuz inflation n'stuff ) 

Almost:

It is a 12 year old Intel Core2 Duo, booting from a "linux puppy CD" all running in 8 megs ram.

No hard drive, no storage, no possible virus, malware, keylogger's, etc.

Do have a nice "Leopold FC750R Mechanical Keyboard" and "Eizo Color Edge Monitor" attached.

Message 9 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Kforce wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Almost:

It is a 12 year old Intel Core2 Duo, booting from a "linux puppy CD" all running in 8 megs ram.

No hard drive, no storage, no possible virus, malware, keylogger's, etc.

Do have a nice "Leopold FC750R Mechanical Keyboard" and "Eizo Color Edge Monitor" attached.

It's as if you can see inside my office 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.