Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA...questions about them...

tag
zeusta20
Established Contributor

USAA...questions about them...

So, I just signed up for USAA. I don't have an acct with them yet. All I pretty much set up so far is the online profile. When I set it all up though, they say that I have an offer for the USAA rewards World MasterCard. Is this a good card? How can they have an offer for me when I JUST set up my profile with them??? Also, with this type of CC, or any credit card with USAA for that matter, are they generous with CLI? Or CL in general?? My whole plan was to just get the BCE amex and that was it for my CC portfolio, but now that I see this offer with USAA, I don't know whether or not I should accept! lol It says I'm pre selected for up to 25k. Anyone have any experience with this?

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Re: USAA...questions about them...

ANother question....Do they HP for setting up an acct?

Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 2 of 15
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

No HP for setting up an account but they do SP you to see if you are eligable for anything. If you have an offer on the my offers page and it says personalized offer or pre approved you are pretty much guaranteed the card. It will be a HP, and if your score is good enough to get a BCE then you should get a good starting limit. But every CLI will be a HP and they don't like to auto CLI very often.
My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 3 of 15
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@simi_go wrote:
No HP for setting up an account but they do SP you to see if you are eligable for anything. If you have an offer on the my offers page and it says personalized offer or pre approved you are pretty much guaranteed the card. It will be a HP, and if your score is good enough to get a BCE then you should get a good starting limit. But every CLI will be a HP and they don't like to auto CLI very often.

Would you recommend the card they have offered to me? Is this a pretty good card? or do you suggest waiting till I have a better offer? I'm not very familiar with USAA. But I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 4 of 15
kroberts67
Established Contributor

They are super generous with CL and for me it was a HP on EQ for each request whether orig c/c app or CLI request.  From what I read they do auto CLI's after 6 mos.  They tend to give out multiple cards at one time.  I don't know if two is the limit, I saw someone with 3 cards.  They gave me 2 cards right off the bat, my biggest CL's.  My EQ was clean, around 670-690 if I remember right.  It was a HP for Amex, then a HP for MC.  I set up checking/savings with them right after and no credit pull at all for that.  Had I set up the banking first, I don't know if they would have pulled. 

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 5 of 15
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

I would definately say it is a good card, it's no CSP in my opinion but it is definately a decent rewards card, with the best interest rate you will probably get on a rewards card.  I would call in and do everything over the phone that way that may let you get two cards with just one app and one HP.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 6 of 15
Scott90
Contributor

^ what is your interest rate on your usaa Amex? I have the same card and its no where near the "best interest rate" at all. I think mine is like 12% plus a 9% prime rate. That's why that's a sock drawer card - in case if emergencies.
Message 7 of 15
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@Scott90 wrote:
^ what is your interest rate on your usaa Amex? I have the same card and its no where near the "best interest rate" at all. I think mine is like 12% plus a 9% prime rate. That's why that's a sock drawer card - in case if emergencies.

My rate is crazy high, it's 25.9% on both cards, but then I wasn't a full member.  I hear full members get much better rates.  I did some balance transfers to them though which have zero APR for the promo period.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 8 of 15
Scott90
Contributor

I am a full member and mine kinda sucks. But I am used to pretty low rates... My chase freedom is only 4% thanks to service member civil relief act. But still even my BOA card is only 9% I think. Look forward to hearing ^^^ response, I may just have to call usaa. It's the prime rate that screws it all up.
Message 9 of 15
drinkthekoolaid
Valued Member

If they gave you an offer there is no doubt you will get the card, credit limit can vary. Like a previous poster said the cards are no CSP but they do offer low rates and I have taken advantage of that many times, but never use them for rewards! Doesn't hurt to try, they typically only pull one report from my experience! 

AMEX BCE - $27,000 ~ Chase Sapphire Preferred VISA SIGNATURE- $24,000~ AMEX Platinum -$NPSL ~ Citi Diamond Preferred $10,000
USAA MASTERCARD - $10,000 Commerce Bank Visa $8,000~
USAA Student VISA - $1,000 ~ Chase Freedom - $500
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.