Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VENTURE CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VENTURE CLI

Hey guys, 

So I have a Venture with a 5000SL. I was curious about a CLI since I have had the card for about 75 days or so. Put my data in and they offered 500. I backed out as I know you can only get one CLI per 6 month period. I have put two 3000 plus trips on the card and PIF now have a 200 balance but no minimum payment required. Is there any strategy to get a higher limit? Would be nice to not have to worry about eating up 50 o the card when me and the partner go on trips. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: VENTURE CLI

Try again after 3 statements have cut. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I would suggest that you keep using it heavily and then request a CLI after the 6th statement cuts. You could try after the 3rd, but 6 seems to be the magic number for most CCCs. Good luck! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea I guess there is nothing to do but wait! Thanks for the replies!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They denied me rewards bonus points of 65.000 to spend $3000 in 3 months i fell behind on the spend by two weeks.

I had Cap1 Venture CS rewards dept call me after an appeal but they wont budge so i m going to close that account. My limit is $12k.

I m wondering who do i substitute it with? i have upto $7000 in travel expenses coming up in may 2019.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm. I like the citi cards for larger purchases bc they have given me higher spending limits similar to what you got on your venture. Only thing is they slashed a lot of travel perks recently so it makes me hesitant to book any large trips with them, especially overseas. I’m keeping my prestige bc of the 4th night free and lounge access but may switch to platinum next year and downgrade the citi card. Chase might be a good idea for you if your under 5/24. I don’t use my venture much, did come in handy in Europe where only one of the cities I went to had hotels where I have a reward account. The 10x back gave me about 350 in points on that one trip. The citi is nice for 4th night free, but you actually have to stay in one place for 4 nights and sometimes they overcharge compared to member rates to help compensate for their “4th night free”. I guess it really comes down to what you want.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.