Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Visa Pre Approved Through App

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon Visa Pre Approved Through App

Not sure if this is out there yet, but I went to buy a new Ipad for the kids and once I added it and went to check out, I was redirected to this preApproval screen for the Card on the App. I think pre Approvals pages are rare for Synchrony cards, so this may be a way to check to see if your preapproved before applying and getting hit with possible multiple HP from different Agencies. Hope this helps for anyone on the fence. I didnt bite though. I have enough from synch.

35K LOWES

20K CARE CREDIT

10K PAYPAL CREDIT

10K PAYPAL 2%

AE038E5C-65E9-4669-831F-ECCAA0649FC6.jpegScreen Shot 2020-08-10 at 9.16.49 AM.png

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Verizon Visa Pre Approved Through App

I got mine before public release. First post I've seen of this. Congrats! 👍🏻 

Thats a smart approach for both Verizon and Synch. Especially when Verizon already has access to SSN.

Message 2 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I'm curious if when opening a Verizon account, if they'll check for card pre-approval at the same time. 🤔 I would think yes.

Message 3 of 10
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Interesting for sure @Anonymous 

May I ask...did you accept the offer?  And if so, did you get a HP notification afterwards?

Also, was the SL they offered you only to cover your iPad purchase (likely $1000 or under) or was it a decent limit?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not accept the offer. Maybe after Amex stops the monthly Wireless credit. Between my 2 platinums and Green cards thats $50  plus the 5% on my Cash+ card, this card is not worth it for me yet. Also, Ill be 1/12 next month and want to try for the US Bank Altitude Reserve and the 3% CB on mobile pay. Plus, not sure if the card is worth it for Verizon purchases anyway. I would rather just get the 24 months interest free payments for the devices straight from Verizon and not have it affect my overall Utilization. 

Message 5 of 10
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Interesting for sure @Anonymous 

May I ask...did you accept the offer?  And if so, did you get a HP notification afterwards?

Also, was the SL they offered you only to cover your iPad purchase (likely $1000 or under) or was it a decent limit?

I would assume the Apple approach. SP until acceptance, then it's an HP.

Message 6 of 10
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks for the follow up!

Message 7 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did not accept the offer. Maybe after Amex stops the monthly Wireless credit. Between my 2 platinums and Green cards thats $50  plus the 5% on my Cash+ card, this card is not worth it for me yet. Also, Ill be 1/12 next month and want to try for the US Bank Altitude Reserve and the 3% CB on mobile pay. Plus, not sure if the card is worth it for Verizon purchases anyway. I would rather just get the 24 months interest free payments for the devices straight from Verizon and not have it affect my overall Utilization. 

@Anonymous, Congrats on your offer. ..Probably a good thing you did not accept. You have a lot of Sync exposure.

Message 8 of 10
RickNATL
Established Contributor

@Anonymous did it give you pre-approval limit, APR or other information?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RickNATL No. It did not give me an approval limit.  But I'm going to assume it would have been at least 5k because the interest rates it did give me were for the siggy. The higher interest rate ranges were for the regular visa. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.