Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart MC upgrade question

tag
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Walmart MC upgrade question

Hubby's Walmart account is showing that the MC has been 'recently' mailed since at least a few days ago and is now asking for it to be activated. The chat CSR said today that it'd be mail from the 12th to the 24th. I was wondering if anyone who got the invitation and didn't decline it has received theirs yet. Mail has gone astray in our town before.
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart MC upgrade question

Mine shows the same . I called and found out that they will be mailing  out MCs between april 14th and 29th. They havent mailed out anything.

Message 2 of 50
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Thanks. I hate not knowing when cards are mailed or wI'll be mailed. We never received the chipped Sam's card and had to have them resend them. Our temporary mail carrier isn't the best, to put it nicely.
Message 3 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a walmart Mc showing with no limit on login. Have not gotten that letter.
Message 4 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally received mine today in the mail. Activated and shows the limit and all no problem

Message 5 of 50
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

My upgrade came in the mail yesterday. Honestly don't think I need or want the upgrade and, so, it's not worth the new account ding to me. How do I turn down the upgrade?

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 6 of 50
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Not sure if its too late but i guess you can call . Did you not receive a letter?
Message 7 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's going on here? I have a WalMart MC but I've not seen anything...

Message 8 of 50
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Not sure if its too late but i guess you can call . Did you not receive a letter?

Thanks Average! Indeed I did receive the letter. I'll give em a call and see. Thanks again!

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 9 of 50
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@atarvuzdar wrote:

My upgrade came in the mail yesterday. Honestly don't think I need or want the upgrade and, so, it's not worth the new account ding to me. How do I turn down the upgrade?

Would it be a new account? I would think they would just convert the existing account with the original open date.

I haven't received an invite or mailing, but I would be inclined to turn it down as I don't see any advantage - same rewards 1% WM store, 2% WM/Murphy gas (none around for me), 3% walmart.com. Of course be used anywhere MC is accepted and not just Wamart/Sams, but I have better reward cards for that.

Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.