Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart with Capital One pulls?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart with Capital One pulls?

So has anyone apped for just the store card yet? Any data points on that? Triple pull for sure or is that speculation?
Message 71 of 93
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So has anyone apped for just the store card yet? Any data points on that? Triple pull for sure or is that speculation?

It is to my understanding there is no more store credit card and will be a Mastercard to use anywhere for anyone who applies.

Message 72 of 93
aircobra
Regular Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It is to my understanding there is no more store credit card and will be a Mastercard to use anywhere for anyone who applies.

That isn't true at all.

*Credit approval required. If Capital One is unable to approve you for the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard, Capital One will automatically consider you for a Walmart Rewards Card with the rewards described below.

Currently rebuilding:
1/18 -
7/19 -

Message 73 of 93
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@aircobra wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That isn't true at all.

*Credit approval required. If Capital One is unable to approve you for the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard, Capital One will automatically consider you for a Walmart Rewards Card with the rewards described below.

Then you answered the question didn't you? You're applying for the better card first which is a triple pull and if you're not approved for MC version then consideration will be given for the store card. Unless there's a direct link to solely the store card that's how I see it working.

Message 74 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

Then you answered the question didn't you? You're applying for the better card first which is a triple pull and if you're not approved for MC version then consideration will be given for the store card. Unless there's a direct link to solely the store card that's how I see it working.

Walmart-Store-card-page-screenshot.gif

It's at the bottom of the page where you app for the Mastercard. There's also a chart somewhere on the site which shows a comparison of both cards (the MC vs the store card, the rewards they get, etc). 

Message 75 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Walmart-Store-card-page-screenshot.gif

It's at the bottom of the page where you app for the Mastercard. There's also a chart somewhere on the site which shows a comparison of both cards (the MC vs the store card, the rewards they get, etc). 

But who is going to want a store card over a MasterCard? I mean specifically apply for the store card instead?

Message 76 of 93
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol , tons @AnonymousSmiley Wink. Who would pick the Best Buy store card over the Visa? Ive seen plenty people choose the Store card over the bank card. Different strokes for different folks lol. Sincerely Arnold Jackson Smiley Happy
Message 77 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol , tons @AnonymousSmiley Wink. Who would pick the Best Buy store card over the Visa? Ive seen plenty people choose the Store card over the bank card. Different strokes for different folks lol. Sincerely Arnold Jackson Smiley Happy

That's just weird. I would never want a store card over a card that has the flexibility to be used everywhere if the cards were by the same issuer and otherwise the same program. 

I got my Rewards+ so when I next buy something from Best Buy, I have a relationship with Citi and a better chance at the VISA. 

Message 78 of 93
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I don't know why someone would purposely apply for solely the store card, especially if they're going to consider you for the store card if you don't qualify for the open loop version anyway. But as stated, to each their own I guess.

Message 79 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only "advantage" would be if applying for the store card spares you the three hard pulls. Which we don't know yet!

Another reason might be that they don't want the "temptation" of using the card anywhere, or rather, they don't want an authorized user to be able to. Even though there is a lot of stuff that can be bought at Walmart, there's a limit, and that might be a good thing.

I recently apped for a Shell gas Mastercard, but ended up getting approved for a Shell gas store card. Then I thought about how it might be a good thing to only be able to use the card at Shell. I then decided to sign up a friend of mine as an AU, "just in case" he's stranded somewhere and needs gas and a cup of coffee. He's in the middle of some financial turmoil but is very trustworthy and I'm not worried he's going to go nuts with the card, but having it only be a store card is that little bit of extra assurance... 

Message 80 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.