Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebBank/Dell Financial Recon

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

WebBank/Dell Financial Recon

Sooooo. I apped for Dell Financing last wee, and was shot down. Which sort of amazed me...Fast Forward to today, I recieved my denial letter, I was denied for;

1.) Too many inquiries in last 12 months

2.) Too many TL's opened in last 6 months; Barclay, Amex, and one other.

3.) Total amount of credit lines is too small, as in my credit lines aren't big enough.Smiley Mad Seriously?! **bleep**

So I figured I will call and recon tomorrow since I am a Del kinda guy....anyone have any success reconning with them? They also don't use FICO, their scale is 200-900....and pulled EX. On which I have no baddies, or anything. Just inquiries.

Ugh.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: WebBank/Dell Financial Recon

Why not? Tell them you have a Dell purchase incoming.

Are you buying laptop? If you are buying dekstop please build your own computer. You get a lot more out of your dollar with DIY than Dell.

Message 2 of 15
logan_720
Established Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Why not? Tell them you have a Dell purchase incoming.

Are you buying laptop? If you are buying dekstop please build your own computer. You get a lot more out of your dollar with DIY than Dell.

Yes, I was in need of a laptop immediately for school, since we just started Spring quarter, I instead purchased a Dell XPS system that I have 30 days to return to Amazon no questions asked. So I guess I was just wondering how they are with Recons, or if there is someone they could be compared to when it comes to recons, such as Barclays, Chase, etc.

Message 3 of 15
boomhower
Valued Contributor

If Dell won't play ball you could try for Barclay and go with a Mac.  You can dual boot those with Windows easily.  Won't be as cheap but a much better built notebook.(I say that as I am typing this on a Dell notebook!)

Message 4 of 15
logan_720
Established Contributor

I already have a Barclay card that I was planning on sing for an iMac later this year, my limit is only $1,700 so I think I would rather charge a smaller purchase. What I still don't know is, what is reconning with them like because I can't seem to find any posts about anyone's past experience with them, and my denial reasons seem pretty.....stupid.

Message 5 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Probably no one here has done that. I haven't read any posts on Dell financing. It's only been mentioned in passing a couple of times. You have nothing to lose by calling. Just be sure when you talk to them that you confirm they're not going to do a second HP --- or that they tell you if they are.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

I already have a Barclay card that I was planning on sing for an iMac later this year, my limit is only $1,700 so I think I would rather charge a smaller purchase. What I still don't know is, what is reconning with them like because I can't seem to find any posts about anyone's past experience with them, and my denial reasons seem pretty.....stupid.

Have you called for the recon yet?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 15
logan_720
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@logan_720 wrote:

Have you called for the recon yet?

Noooope. I figure I will on Monday. 

Message 8 of 15
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

I look forward to reading about how it works out for you.  I tried a BML from Webbank through another computer company on 4/2 and wasn't approved (I assume because it forwarded me back to the site and said it couldn't be accessed, but I still have the inquiry on my CR) and would love to try and recon it if possible once I get my explanation letter.

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 9 of 15
logan_720
Established Contributor

It just annoys me because the reasons of denial are a joke. As if I could control my credit limits on my cards...anyway, I'll call monday and update you all.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.