cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?

tag
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Re: What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?

My first card - Citi Plat MC - in 04 when I was 18 =(

(edit: 04, not 05 sheez! -__=!) lol

Message Edited by SonorityGenius on 12-09-2007 06:40 PM
Message 11 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi card back in 2000. Lost the card so I decided the smart thing to do was just close it out all together. Brilliant!!!! Live and learn.
Message 12 of 143
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Some of you may know this but this Sears card I got, well, it was the first of many defaults. So question could also be, what ever happened to your first card. Is it still open or closed? Or did you do like me?Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 143
moonman
Frequent Contributor

well...unfortunately wards went bankrupt and my 15,000 credit card went with it.Smiley Sad Message Edited by moonman on 12-09-2007 07:31 PM

Message Edited by moonman on 12-09-2007 07:39 PM
Message 14 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

I go way back.  I got my first card (Bank of America Visa) in 1979.  It had a whopping $150.00 CL.  I was 21 (giving away my age) at the time.  Most of us that grew up in the 60s and 70s did not have very much exposure to credit cards.  I remember my parents paid cash for everything, and if they didn't have the money, they simply didn't buy it!  They didn't get their first card (Sears) until the 70s after already being married for 30+ years, and they rarely ever used that card!  I wish I would've followed in their footsteps!!!
Message 15 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is too funny, I was thinking along the same lines except I was thinking we should make a new thread called "What was your first credit card slip up?"

My first card was a "Florida State University Credit Union MasterCard"

This was when I first went to FSU in 2002. It had a $500 CL. My first purchase was dinner with my girlfriend at this Cuban Restaurant Gordos.

Car went over limit, started getting big charges, became a $750 debt and mom had to come in and bail me out. Live and learn. Card is now closed.  Oh ... girl is gone too.

fused wrote:
So question could also be, what ever happened to your first card. Is it still open or closed? Or did you do like me?Smiley Sad

Message Edited by berraco58 on 12-09-2007 07:54 PM
Message 16 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was cool too. It came in the most awesome design. It was like a real nice woodfinish desk with pens and other stuff and a framed FSU diploma spread on the desk.
Message 17 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Green, upgraded along the way to Gold. Got it in 1987 my freshman year in college. I still have the card, and it's the household first choice to use (DH is AU). My next card was either a Citi or Chase, I still have that one too.
Message 18 of 143
positronicshell
New Contributor

@fused wrote:
Mine was a regular Sears card (at least I think it was a regular card) back in 95'. My first purchase was a brand new Compaq desktop.

fused,

funny my first credit card was also sears back in '95.
i was always buying cd's at the ala moana sears, hah!
also defaulted.
they gave me $2000 CL when I was 18 + had no job!
i am so glad i finally learned about how to handle personal finances...

xoxox jane

Message Edited by positronicshell on 12-09-2007 08:05 PM
hey, careful man! there's a beverage here!
My FICO: TU - 725 EX - 736 EQ - 747
Message 19 of 143
FantumGrey
Regular Contributor

My first card was a special offer MBNA Who's Who Among American High School Students card. Got it in '99 with a $1000 limit. It was my best card too...until I mucked up three years ago and they closed it.

Message 20 of 143
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.