Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is alternate option to Zync now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is alternate option to Zync now?

Since Amex discontinued Zync card, which is best (cheapest AF) we have now. I think we should go with Amex Green Now..

Any other inputs?

Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: What is alternate option to Zync now?

As of right now, I guess everyone will have to settle for the Green card, if they want the Lowest AF charge card AMEX offers.

Its very unfortunate that AMEX has stopped offering the Zync Charge Card. I thought it was a great option for people who were building/re-building and looking to get in with AMEX, while keeping cost low.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 61
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

As of right now, I guess everyone will have to settle for the Green card, if they want the Lowest AF charge card AMEX offers.

I thought you can still apply for it but you had to search the link down?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 61
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@gettnthere wrote:

I thought you can still apply for it but you had to search the link down?

Hmmm, you could be right LS, i was thinking we had a member post last night that they had tried the link and it said that the "offer was no longer available". I could be Mistaken though?

Message 4 of 61
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

You can still apply for the Zync...you just have to search their site.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 5 of 61
CS800
Super Contributor

This is the main page that brigns you to the app. But then it tells you that 'this offer is now longer available'

http://www304.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/Zync

Message 6 of 61
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Since Amex discontinued Zync card, which is best (cheapest AF) we have now. I think we should go with Amex Green Now..

Any other inputs?

I think alot of people will just skip amex charge cards altogether and go for revolvers. If you think about it, a bcp is $75 af with 6% groceries, 3% gas, etc. whereas a green is $95 with 1pt/$1. Even if you are a heavy traveler and transfer mr points bcp is still a much better value imo. Note that the PRG is another story altogether, but it also has a higher af than green.

Granted amex revolvers are harder to obtain, but lately it seems like amex has lowered their cc underwriting criteria considerably, so I I do not believe that revolvers are that much harder to accquire

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 7 of 61
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

This is the main page that brigns you to the app. But then it tells you that 'this offer is now longer available'

http://www304.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/Zync

I just tried to "app" for it too. Wow...that's crazy! I wonder if current ZYNC holders will be PC'd to different products now that its no longer available?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 8 of 61
gettnthere
Established Contributor

I just went to Amex's site and searched for the Zync card. it came up to look as though you could apply, but once you actually click apply it says "offer no longer available".

https://www304.americanexpress.com/personal-card-application/zync-charge-card/25330-10-0/0/0/0/n/?in...

Message 9 of 61
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Has anyone called to ask AMEX about why the Zync is no longer available?

Message 10 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.