Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your credit card utilization

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: What is your credit card utilization

7% utilization out of about $340k in total credit limits.

Message 11 of 46
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

I owe $141. on $134,000 total credit..

I cannot bring myself to carry a balance.. I have 3 cards still on %0 intro interest too- UGH

I need to find a way to allow myself to carry a little balance but it messes with my brain. 

In fact, every time I charge, I start worrying until I pay it off. Facepalm.gif

Guess I'm a lil crazy.. 001 CrazyGuy.gif

Message 12 of 46
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I don’t think the OP was asking about carrying a balance.  In my case, I never carry a balance, but I never pay early either. My PenFed Power Cash statement will cut today with 10% utilization, as it does most months.  I’ll pay the balance off next week.  My Chase Sapphire Reserve statement will cut tomorrow with 5% utilization, and I’ll pay that off next week, too.  Overall utilization across all seven cards is under 3%.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 13 of 46
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

I don’t think the OP was asking about carrying a balance.  In my case, I never carry a balance, but I never pay early either. My PenFed Power Cash statement will cut today with 10% utilization, as it does most months.  I’ll pay the balance off next week.  My Chase Sapphire Reserve statement will cut tomorrow with 5% utilization, and I’ll pay that off next week, too.  Overall utilization across all seven cards is under 3%.

Sounds like you are paying before due date.  Is that because you don't do auto-pay?

Message 14 of 46
wasCB14
Super Contributor

In October my scores took a little dip from AZEE (All Zero Except Eight).

29% utilization...but no AA!

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 15 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

I owe $141. on $134,000 total credit..

I cannot bring myself to carry a balance.. I have 3 cards still on %0 intro interest too- UGH

I need to find a way to allow myself to carry a little balance but it messes with my brain. 

In fact, every time I charge, I start worrying until I pay it off. Facepalm.gif

Guess I'm a lil crazy.. 001 CrazyGuy.gif

I don't like balances either but to help my score I have carried them the last two years.  Put 2k on a no interest card and pay it down each  month.  Did NFCU 0 percent no balance tranfer back in February and have been paying it down each month.  It sill bothers me to show a balance though.  

Message 16 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now, my utilization is 17%.

Message 17 of 46
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

longtimelurker:  I do not autopay on any of my credit cards.  The only autopays I have at present are my monthly Medicare premium and the monthly rent on a storage unit.

The reason I will pay my PenFed and Chase cards next week is because I like to end each month with no unpaid balances.  That makes it easier for me to plan the following month’s spending.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 18 of 46
xaximus
Valued Contributor

With my TCL being around $180k-190k - total balance currently is around 4k, around 2% (I think).

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 19 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 out of 6 cards naturally reporting of about 2.5k to 3k out of about 100k total limit, 2-4% UTI, might hit 7% with large purchases. On the business side, averages about 8k-12k with 2 out of 2 cards reporting out of 25k total limit, 32-50% UTI, have hit 70% in some months. Everything is PIF on due date via autopay.
Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.