Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with Arrival+?

tag
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

What to do with Arrival+?

So I am not as happy anymore with the Arrival+ but I don't want to close a $13k CL I have with them. What should I do that would be comparable? I do want to replace it with a WEMC product even if it's not with Barclays. Any suggestions? Thanks guys

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do with Arrival+?

The arrival plus can be a great card if you have a big yearly spend. 

This depends on many things. What is your monthly spend (break it down to general/gas/groceries/restaurants/travel)? What are your 3 08 scores? What cards to you currently have?

@Jaylima91 wrote:

So I am not as happy anymore with the Arrival+ but I don't want to close a $13k CL I have with them. What should I do that would be comparable? I do want to replace it with a WEMC product even if it's not with Barclays. Any suggestions? Thanks guys

I would say you would be best to find a better rewards card with a sign on bonus, and PC the arrival+ to a Ring. That way you always have the option to do no fee BTs at 8%.

Message 2 of 28
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

I had my cards in my Sig but I erased them by mistake a while ago. I am mainly into travel cards. I have 720s fico scores. I have the following cards:

Amex Platinum - NPSL
Amex PRG - NPSL
CSP - $16k
BofA Cash Rewards - $20k
Arrival+ - $13k
And the rest is maybe about 3 other CC with about $10k combined CL

Would you say the Citi Premier is a good candidate? Obviously it is a pretty subjective question but just general feedback would be nice.
Message 3 of 28
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

My AAoA is about 9 months with the oldest TL being 1 year and 9 months old. Hopefully this helps a little more
Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

You've already got cards for MR and UR. Premier would add TYP to the mix (assuming one of your small lines isn't something that earns them). Venture would be more comparable to A+ if you basically like the set up. Good bonus and generally an awesome SL. 

AFA what to PC the A+ to, that depends. I haven't yet paid attention to what accounts are possible for PC. Mine will have it's anniversary the end of March, so I'll have to figure it out then. 

Personally, I think the Premier on it's own seems pretty blah (except I think it may get 3% on restaurants?). I'd get it if I were getting a Prestige and I wanted it just for the bonus. But I stopped deluding myelf into thinking I did that kind of travel. 

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jaylima91 wrote:

After-bonus buyer's remorse?

Message 6 of 28
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

Well even before the nerf the Arrival+ was difficult to justify after the bonus for many people, and now with the reduced value of 2.1% back it is basically pointless unless you spend a ton (and I do mean a ton).

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

Well even before the nerf the Arrival+ was difficult to justify after the bonus for many people, and now with the reduced value of 2.1% back it is basically pointless unless you spend a ton (and I do mean a ton).

Citi Doublecash to the rescue Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 28
noobody
Established Contributor

Anybody successful PC arrival+ to ring? I do not think it is possible
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering the same thing!
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.