Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with Arrival+?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do with Arrival+?

My option too.  I have the Arrival+ and if it goes south, will pc to the Ring.   I've also seen a Citi DC WEMC.  And you can get a QSWEMC.  

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The arrival plus can be a great card if you have a big yearly spend. 

This depends on many things. What is your monthly spend (break it down to general/gas/groceries/restaurants/travel)? What are your 3 08 scores? What cards to you currently have?

@Jaylima91 wrote:

So I am not as happy anymore with the Arrival+ but I don't want to close a $13k CL I have with them. What should I do that would be comparable? I do want to replace it with a WEMC product even if it's not with Barclays. Any suggestions? Thanks guys

I would say you would be best to find a better rewards card with a sign on bonus, and PC the arrival+ to a Ring. That way you always have the option to do no fee BTs at 8%.

Could you explain the ring?  I've seen it mentioned a number of times here but didn't really understand it's value from the application page.

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Could you explain the ring?  I've seen it mentioned a number of times here but didn't really understand it's value from the application page.

The Ring is an 8% APR card. No FTF, no balance transfer fees, a $3 cash advance fee (yes that's 3 dollars not percent) and everything is only 8% APR period (cash advance, balance transfers, purchases, etc.). I love my Ring! There's no rewards or anything, but the community (us Ring cardholders)  get to decide the Ring's features, and we get a share of the profits (this part is a little complicated, but it's called giveback).

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The Ring is an 8% APR card. No FTF, no balance transfer fees, a $3 cash advance fee (yes that's 3 dollars not percent) and everything is only 8% APR period (cash advance, balance transfers, purchases, etc.). I love my Ring! There's no rewards or anything, but the community (us Ring cardholders)  get to decide the Ring's features, and we get a share of the profits (this part is a little complicated, but it's called giveback).

Interesting, a bit better than my 9.9% that has a balance.  The profit share actually worth anything?

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting, a bit better than my 9.9% that has a balance.  The profit share actually worth anything?

Well not yet anyway. I just got the Ring a few months ago, so I haven't gotten anything yet, but I believe others will be getting something soon because they finally made enough profit for giveback. But even if I get nothing, I still love having a card like this to fall back on. The low APR and the no or low fees for everything is what sold me.

Message 15 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well not yet anyway. I just got the Ring a few months ago, so I haven't gotten anything yet, but I believe others will be getting something soon because they finally made enough profit for giveback. But even if I get nothing, I still love having a card like this to fall back on. The low APR and the no or low fees for everything is what sold me.

My guess is for most people you more or less ignore the profit share, as, with no rewards, you are only going to use the card to carry a balance or get a cheap cash advance (assuming that the give back is going to be less than 1.5% of your purchases say, which is pretty likely!)    Since you can get reward cards with only slightly higher APRs, not sure why there is all the love, but ok.

Message 16 of 28
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My guess is for most people you more or less ignore the profit share, as, with no rewards, you are only going to use the card to carry a balance or get a cheap cash advance (assuming that the give back is going to be less than 1.5% of your purchases say, which is pretty likely!)    Since you can get reward cards with only slightly higher APRs, not sure why there is all the love, but ok.

Agreed, LTL. I don't get the love for the Ring. Yes, it's a nice low APR option, but (and I'm not saying this is for the poster above) all too often, people get cards like this and psychologically the "low APR" makes you think "well, I can use it for emergencies and carry a balance and not as pay as much...." which can quickly make trips to Vegas emergencies for some posters Smiley Wink The one I'm referring to also took cash advances in Vegas from the Ring to gamble with and insisted it was a great idea....point is, the "low APR and no fees" thing can overtempt some people (though not everyone of course).

Anyway, you can absolutely get rewards cards with 11-12% APR anyway, which realistically is not a huge difference, especially if you are truly only using it when you have an emergency. To me, the Ring would just be one more account to monitor with little benefit, even though my lowest APR is 15.24% on Discover which is almost double the Ring.

Message 17 of 28
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

PC it to the no Annual Fee version and go for the Citi TY Premier which is also a WEMC. The current sign up bonus is worthy of a HP and also since the annual fee is waived off the first year you can see if the card fits your spending pattern before the annual fee actually hits after a year.

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may get rewards at 11%, but cash advances are still typically 20% or higher with a nasty fee. The Ring has it's purpose for those who can appreciate it. Wasn't this thread about the Arrival Plus anyway? Smiley Very Happy
Message 19 of 28
noobody
Established Contributor

But since no one can PC arrival+ to ring, what is the point?
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.