Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What version of FICO does comenity use for CLI

tag
brad0502
Contributor

What version of FICO does comenity use for CLI

Does anyone have info on what version of FICO is used for CLI for comenity bank cards? I have tired since Feb. for CLI on my wayfair card with no luck. The latest rejection letter stated that they pulled from Equifax and my score was 575. My current Equifax FICO8 score is 641. 

6 REPLIES 6
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Re: What version of FICO does comenity use for CLI

they tried to pull my experian , but i had it locked dont know if they tried the others, but letter states equifax, so who knows not me, lol

Message 2 of 7
brad0502
Contributor

When I applied for the Wayfair card they pulled Equifax, I applied for Overstock at the same time and was declined. They pulled Experian with the overstock application. Just wondering if they use an older version of FICO for the CLI. Seems like Capital One does that after a little research. My FICO 8 scores are much better than the older versions.

Message 3 of 7
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Id say you dodged a bullet, be thankful, comenity isnt the best ive had nothing but trouble with them, but i love wayfair if it wasnt for that i would have no comenity cards at all

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brad0502 wrote:

Does anyone have info on what version of FICO is used for CLI for comenity bank cards? I have tired since Feb. for CLI on my wayfair card with no luck. The latest rejection letter stated that they pulled from Equifax and my score was 575. My current Equifax FICO8 score is 641. 

Can you get a full report from Equifax and look for which score is around ~575? What source are you using to view your Equifax score?

Message 5 of 7
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I wish we had more transparency on this in general. And also, I wish there were more consensus on how scores should be calculated and considered, at least within an area such as card applications. Someone who looks at my Experian FICO 2 Bankcard will see a score of 627. If they instead look at my Equifax FICO 9 Bankcard, they will see me in the 770s. I'm the same guy and there's not that much different on the two reports.

OP, you have an opportunity to add to community knowledge by, as someone suggested, figuring out which FICO variant is closest to 575. That will answer your own question and also maybe answer someone else's similar question in the future.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Comenity has their own internal scoring model. If that rejection letter doesnt state its a Fico score then its not a Fico score.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.