cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

tag
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

I feel like for one reason or the other, there is a bank that come hell or high water, you'll never do business with them again.  This disdain can be based on a bad experience referencing a credit card, mortgage, bank acct etc.  

What say you?  Who have you written off? 

For the record, hands down, mine is Wells Fargo.  If they were the last bank on earth, I'd use cash! 

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 140
139 REPLIES 139
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

@CreditCharmer wrote:

I feel like for one reason or the other, there is a bank that come hell or high water, you'll never do business with them again.  This disdain can be based on a bad experience referencing a credit card, mortgage, bank acct etc.  

For the record, hands down, mine is Wells Fargo.  If they were the last bank on earth, I'd use cash! 

Barclays, Capital One, and Bank of America.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditCharmer wrote:

Barclays, Capital One, and Bank of America.

Ohhhh wow!  Although I have no problem with them, I hear ppl trash BOA a lot.  Yikes!!!

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Message 3 of 140
sznthescore
Established Contributor

Bank of America, Chase, Discover and these are just off experience. Not to mention, I have a "how will this bank/credit union benefit me" list of features I look for as well... calculated into a "Financial Benefit Score" lol Smiley Wink Adverse actions can get them closed/blocked or removed from my finances.

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 4 of 140
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

🚫 Credit One Bank for sure! 🚫

Message 5 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Yes, yes and Yes!!! Subprime for sure.  

Message 6 of 140
Cowboys4Life
Frequent Contributor

CHASE.  One of their CSRs had the audacity to tell me the money I deposited with them in a checking account was not MY money but theirs and they simply let me use it.  I closed my accounts immediately on the spot.  I will NEVER do business with them again.

Message 7 of 140
sznthescore
Established Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Most definitely. Fee-thirsty and predatory banks are blacklisted in my book.

REBUILDER CARDS

Message 8 of 140
mtnbikeman
Valued Member

Capital One - Wasting my time with a bucketed card and triple pulls

Wells Fargo - Closing my checking account with no notice 

Barclays - Auto declining anything and everything, even before my BK

Bank of America - Wasting my time and not honoring their sign on bonus (approved for a $4500 limited platinum card instead of the $5k Visa Sig)

Synchrony Bank - Demanding tax documents and holding my cards hostage

That's all for now. 

Message 9 of 140
sznthescore
Established Contributor

@Cowboys4Life wrote:

CHASE.  One of their CSRs had the audacity to tell me the money I deposited with them in a checking account was not MY money but theirs and they simply let me use it.  I closed my accounts immediately on the spot.  I will NEVER do business with them again.

Chase has me blacklisted and I have no clue why. I was in-branch one day trying to open a business account... CSR was nice about it, didn't say nothing but removed the privacy screen for me to see his computer screen. Nothing but a full screen of RED PARAGRAPHS... too much to read. I was embarrassed and politely got up and left.  I should have known something years before when they closed a prepaid account within two weeks from opening it in-branch. No more embarrassment from Chase for me.

REBUILDER CARDS

Message 10 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.