Booked vacation package from Expedia to Orlando for this weekend. However, seems there will be a category 3 hurricane there. I did not purchase trip protection from Expedia. I booked with Amex card, almost $4,000. I don’t want to go and get stranded there, flight is on Friday, what should I do?
If you wait for the airline to cancel the flight you have much better leverage on getting refunds. If they don't cancel, then bring your umbrella.
If the NWS declares a hurricane watch/warning for your travel destination Expedia will work with you to get your reservation cancelled waiving the fees or reschedule if possible. More info here: