cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I receive the Chase RB if the applicant wasn’t initially approved?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I receive the Chase RB if the applicant wasn’t initially approved?

I referred my friend to the CFU, and she was initially denied before Chase asked her to send in more income documentation. She did not call the reconsideration line, they simply sent her a message to her account. After she sent the requested documents she was approved.

Should I still receive the RB if she wasn't instantly approved?

UPDATE: I did end up getting the SUB. This should be a useful example for other people. Thanks everyone for replying

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Will I receive the Chase RB if the applicant wasn’t initially approved?

That would be really stinky if you didn't get the bonus. The referred cardholder was approved.

Let us know the outcome. Hoping it is positive.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You probably will. 

Chase referral bonuses take quite a while, so  you should contact them at some point and ask about the status. 

They won't be able to tell you exactly when to expect it, but if the initial denial hit a snag, at least you can explain applicant was approved and have them escalate it. 

I don't think it's going to be an issue since there is an actual approval, but I'd definitely take proactive stance here. 

Also, expect a hard pull. 

Kiddin' ...I think

Message 3 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Yes, you will. I've had DW's card used as a referral for a few friends who initially got denied and then later get approved on recon. Check every Monday night/Tuesday morning for the referral bonus to post; that's when it'll be on your account. It can take a few weeks for it to post so might take at least a billing statement before you see it

Message 4 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I would check the Rewards Activity page; you should see them in the "Earning on next statement" section within a week or so after approval.

https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase.com/rewards-activity

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I referred my friend to the CFU, and she was initially denied before Chase asked her to send in more income documentation. She did not call the reconsideration line, they simply sent her a message to her account. After she sent the requested documents she was approved.

Should I still receive the RB if she wasn't instantly approved?

UPDATE: I did end up getting the SUB. This should be a useful example for other people. Thanks everyone for replying

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.