Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X1 Card

tag
ZAWARUDO
Established Member

X1 Card

Anyone heard of this? There seems to be a waitlist for it at the moment.

https://x1creditcard.com

• No annual fee

• 2x points on all purchases

• 3x points if you spend more than $15,000 in a year

• Unlimited points

• Points don't expire

• Create virtual cards for
one-time use

• Card has a Visa logo

Message 1 of 81
80 REPLIES 80
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: X1 Card

The card has not been released.  It's a startup and they have no financial backer.

Message 2 of 81
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

The card has not been released.  It's a startup and they have no financial backer.

@K-in-Boston just curious where you saw start-up and no backer.. Just did a quick google search and found nothing other then well their card info and notta else about company, etc

Message 3 of 81
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Domain and DNS registry, phone number, lack of appropriate legalese, Facebook page, etc.

Message 4 of 81
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Anybody remember Blispay?? Other than a solid stainless card, card not doing anything for me, but I'm also not GenZ

Message 5 of 81
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

If I had enough spend/year for the 3x points, I'd keep an eye on it to see what it actually is when/if it launches.  But I don't so meh.

Message 6 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

The limits "based on current and future income" part sounds like another case of a credit card maintaining constant access to your banking info situation to me. 

There are already two credit unions with 3% on all purchases all the time credit cards that I would recommend people try first.

The metal card doesn't even have a cool design. 🤷‍♂️ 

Message 7 of 81
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Thanks @K-in-Boston.  I did a search and found nothing either but startup was on my mind too.   There's been a few others of these types of products released, targeted towards Gen Z and Millenials.   The target market is pretty obvious from the website but this one actually mentions it in the footnotes.  Smiley Tongue

If they can make it work, it's not bad but certainly not as industry-leading as they claim.  Flashy metal card with no AF like the GS Bank Apple card.  More substance on the 17grams stainless steel than the rest of the card. 

Basically a 2% cashback card unless you want to make it your daily driver and spend $1250 monthly or more, so they give you 3%.  While that's not bad and would beat the Apple card, many of us get 3% with AOD FCU or US Alliance FCU with no minimum spend.  Or whoever hangs their hopes on getting a new friend approved every month who is approved for the card to "unlock" 4% temporarily.  There are more reliable ways to earn 3% or higher rewards without the hoops. 

The "lowest APR in class" (12.9 - 19.9%) is nothing special and is surpassed by many other cards including AOD FCU Visa at 7.49%.  And while AOD FCU and Navy Federal have 0% Balance Transfer fees, the X1 claims its' 2% is "lowest in class".  (The comparison points for both are Chase Sapphire Preferred, American Express Blue Cash Preferred, American Express Amex Everyday Preferred, Bank of America Premium Rewards, Citi Premier.  But everyone knows you don't get cards from the largest national banks and card issuers for low fees and interest rates!  Lol Smiley LOL  So the comparison for a startup with the largest national banks is absurd since it's not "in class.")

The "5x higher starting limit" is "Based on average credit limit of $4,479 granted to Generation Z."  (So 5x $4,479 average is $22,395.)  Again, to see if anyone actually got higher limits than other banks or cards, one would have to see it when approvals begin but this doesn't necessarily sound exceptional.

This card appears best suited for people who haven't acquired a lot of other card options or who want to simplify spend on a single card. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$900K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0 - SYCH - 65.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 8 of 81
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I have signed up and wait listed.

Message 9 of 81
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

This card appears best suited for people who haven't acquired a lot of other card options or who want to simplify spend on a single card. 

And best suited  for them only if and when this card actually launches (with the promised specs!)

Message 10 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.