Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X1 boosts?

tag
bilwilvegas
Regular Contributor

X1 boosts?

I have had my new X1 card for 11 days now and I am trying to figure a few things out.

They have a menu item . . . Boosts.  There are several selections.  I tried one "Earn 400 points on your next $1,000+ purchase"  I clicked this before my purchase and then the button disappeared and I got 400 extra points credited in my account.  A couple days later I noticed the button is back.  Are these always available?  Do I need to go in and click it each time before I make a purchase?  I have had several more large charges on the card and I feel bummed that I missed out on all those extra points if it is truly always available over and over.

Has anyone figured these out yet?

I will say it is nice to see 49,848 points in my first 11 days but if I dial in these boosts it could be a lot more.  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Dawggie14
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 boosts?

The boosts available on this card definitely come in handy for bumping up your point accumulation! They appear intermittently and expire in 24 Hours once activated. For instance I had a boost for 5X points on my next Uber or Lyft ride, which I used around 5 times before it disappeared (and yes, you have to click it every time). You can only have 1 boost activated at a time, and points are multiplied from the base purchase amount and not your boosted amount (example: that your points are 4X for having used the sign-up referral code). The app tells you how many more times that particular boost can be used before it disappears from your list. You can also deactivate said boost if you decide not to use it in that 24 hour period. I suspect these categories will rotate through as card use evolves, but only time will tell. 

Message 2 of 11
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Prior to using the X1 card, it's helpful to know the amount of charge as well as type of charge.

The boosts help points but you need to activate it before the purchase.

I have used many of them and now I don't see as many 4x point offers for me.....Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 11
ccquest
Established Contributor

@Dawggie14 wrote:

You can only have 1 boost activated at a time, and points are multiplied from the base purchase amount and not your boosted amount (example: that your points are 4X for having used the sign-up referral code). 

Any idea how the "Earn 400 points on your next $1,000+ purchase" works with this? I've got a 4X multiplier right now which should mean 4000 points on the purchase right? So is the 400 replacing that or in addition? If it's replacing, seems pretty useless.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 4 of 11
bilwilvegas
Regular Contributor

Loving the boosts on my new X1 card

It takes a couple extra steps but activating the boosts when making purchases on my X1 card has really paid off!  I just had a $3,500 invoice and I checked in the Boosts and saw there is a 5X for using Google Pay, so it was a simple matter of clicking Google Pay and sending payment . . . and I added 17,500 points to my X1 card.  I have had the card since January 5th and I am at 84,203 points already.  We fly American Airlines a lot so I will be able to use these points to cover flights (which makes it easy since my AMEX points are not directly transferrable to American Airlines).  I am really liking this X1 card so far!

InkedX1 points_LI.jpg

Message 5 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Loving the boosts on my new X1 card

Very nice. So you plan to charge the AA flights to your X1 card and pay them off using your points?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 11
bilwilvegas
Regular Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Very nice. So you plan to charge the AA flights to your X1 card and pay them off using your points?

Yes, that is the plan.  We do shop at some of the other merchants but it seems like using the points for American Airlines will be the easiest way to utilize the points.  I won't be earning as many points all the time as the 4X is not forever but while I am getting it I will choose this card for most of my charges.  The points add up quick!!  I have several friends and employees I have promised the invites to, but they know I will be giving them preceeding a month when I expect higher than normal charges.  My fiance is also going to get one of the invites so we will then get several more months of 4X points with her new card and invites.  So far we are really happy with this card!

Message 7 of 11
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

@bilwilvegas wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Yes, that is the plan.  We do shop at some of the other merchants but it seems like using the points for American Airlines will be the easiest way to utilize the points.  I won't be earning as many points all the time as the 4X is not forever but while I am getting it I will choose this card for most of my charges.  The points add up quick!!  I have several friends and employees I have promised the invites to, but they know I will be giving them preceeding a month when I expect higher than normal charges.  My fiance is also going to get one of the invites so we will then get several more months of 4X points with her new card and invites.  So far we are really happy with this card!

The boost is really nice.  I think my favorite part of the card is the fact the points post right away.  I have been spolied by the Apple Card with the daily cash back, so this is almost a must for any future card I consider.

Message 8 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats for your X1 Card and Boosts you are receiving with the card.

Message 9 of 11
bilwilvegas
Regular Contributor

Yes it is nice seeing them post immediately.  I always look at the "pending points" on my Amex cards, but somehow it is a better experience to see the total increase almost immediately when you make a charge.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.