cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Flagship Card Is Getting Even Better.

tag
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Re: Your Flagship Card Is Getting Even Better.

I've been looking for a 2% card, so this is awesome!

2 Questions:

Is it "Public" Golf Courses only?

What about my rewards points I have stored up now...can I redeem them for the new X $.01 rate? I have over 28,000 pts now that would be around $212 at the old rate.

I was thinking of going for a CLI on my black at the September AR already...this is a fer sure now! Smiley Wink

This will be my new monthly bills card now!

Message 31 of 78
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Stryder wrote:

I've been looking for a 2% card, so this is awesome!

2 Questions:

Is it "Public" Golf Courses only?

What about my rewards points I have stored up now...can I redeem them for the new X $.01 rate? I have over 28,000 pts now that would be around $212 at the old rate.

I was thinking of going for a CLI on my black at the September AR already...this is a fer sure now! Smiley Wink

This will be my new monthly bills card now!

Public golf courses use the 7992 Visa MCC code.  Private courses (along with country clubs and most sports/athletic clubs) would use 7997.  It will all depend on how the course is coded as a merchant; I would imagine many of them would possibly be classified as travel if they're attached to vacation/resort properties.  And yes, I don't see any reason why your old points would be devalued so they should be redeemable at the new rate after the change takes place.

Message 32 of 78
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Card certainly looks very appealing!  Although IME bc of the AF, I most likely would not be that interested in apping at this time, tbh...

Message 33 of 78
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Thanks K-in-B...

So is the Flagship only going to recognize the 7992 code for the 3% on Golf Courses?

Message 34 of 78
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Does the travel includes gas? And I agree with galahad15, I usually don't like annual fee cards. Only annual fee card I have is the IHG cause it pays for itself lol. Maybe, one day they might take away the annual fee but so far it's been improvement!
Message 35 of 78
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TheBoondocks, travel ≠ gas. Unless you're filling the car up with Jet A fuel on the tarmac.
Message 36 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's about time this badly outdated card was refereshed. It's clearly a shot at Capital One's Venture card. If you look at the 1 cpp redemptions, 2x on everything except travel (which is now 3x), global entry reimbursement, and it's 1/2 the annual fee... You can see how Navy has made their product better than anything Capital One offers, including Capital One's "best" card. 

Message 37 of 78
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

I can see myself product changing my Go Rewards card to this Flagship Card. I also hope they refresh the look of the card and go with a flat card with all the numbers on the back of the card.

Good Job NFCU!

Message 38 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does NFCU make you wait before you can PC? My cashrewards will hit 6 months in September.

Message 39 of 78
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

How long does NFCU make you wait before you can PC? My cashrewards will hit 6 months in September.

gotta be a year for you due to card act and AF...  Also assume your card has > 5k cl.. So you gotta wait a year or just apply for the card flat out

Message 40 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.