Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wamu calling

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

wamu calling

hi - my husband was recently approved for a wamu cc (5500 cl).  He has not received the card yet, however, they have been making a "courtesy call" to our home several times a day for the past 3-4 days.  Unfortunately, he has not been here to speak with them and they will not speak to me, understandably.  Has anyone else been called after an online app?  Cannot call the 800# they call our house on.  Is this just an identity check kind of call or something else?
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: wamu calling

call them back at 866-892-9268
Message 2 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

mosieon, I applied for a WaMu card on monday(I already have one). They told me it would take up to 21 days for them process it. And I've received no phone calls, no emails, nothing. I'm just patiently waiting for something to happen. Next week I'll call them for a status update if I've not heard back.

They may be calling for additional offerings. My SO gets those all the time from her other bank card holders.

And congrats to hubby. A nice CL Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

They called me trying to sell their identiy protection
Message 4 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird, have him call them. I have had my card for over a year and they have NEVER called me. Maybe they don't like me?
Message 5 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh well...thanks for your help.  Tried calling but they don't have him in the system yet.  Have not received card yet.  They think that maybe it is a telemarketer for them but can't be sure.  We'll call again when card is received.  In the meantime we have asked that they stop calling several times a day!
Message 6 of 41
VLGaffEsq
Regular Contributor

Washington Mutual is more than likely calling to try and sell your husband some product linked to his new WaMu credit card like "credit protection" or the like.  It's harmless, but these services should be politely declined.
Message 7 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

mosieon wrote:
Oh well...thanks for your help.  Tried calling but they don't have him in the system yet.  Have not received card yet.  They think that maybe it is a telemarketer for them but can't be sure.  We'll call again when card is received.  In the meantime we have asked that they stop calling several times a day!

I have the WAMU Platnum Visa Card.  I mailed in a pre-approval letter for the card and received a call from them within a two week timeframe (prior to knowing I was approved) - the call was for address verification.  I use a P.O. Box as my mailing address - they needed a physical address for their files.  After I gave the physical address, the rep. told me that I had been approved for the card, told me the limit and stated that the card would be in the mail.  
Message 8 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't aware they gave out Visa cards (MC from what I understand).

I opened up my account a couple months ago. No calls from them, although there was confusion about whether I'd be enrolled in their cashback rewards program or not. Several phonecalls escalated to the management team and contact with the assistant branch manager finally got that situation resolved.
Message 9 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had nothing but terriable customer service
When I called to activate the rep was so obnoxious selling credit protectionI hung up

Then when I called to have my due date moved so that my statement to fall on the first, like I've done with 3 other cards, they said no can do.

Then I signed up for automatic pay, they make fill out a form. I pay with online savings, I have no checks, so sent a message ask if a direct deposit request form would do, got back a cut and paste answer.

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.