9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Re: 700 Club!!! Less than 1 month!!

Congrats...W2G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 11 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats amazing congrats!! i would love to know some tips on exactly what you di to accomplish this..

Message 12 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thats amazing congrats!! i would love to know some tips on exactly what you di to accomplish this..

I basically immersed myself in this site!  Seriously, since I have joined this site, I have spent hours upon hours reading posts, asking questions and taking action.  That action consisted of following the advice of the very knowledgeable people on this site, paying down debts and NOT doing anything to sabotage the efforts that I had begun.  I PFD the medical bills I had and I paid down the credit card balances.  And I participated in the forum. Rinse and repeat. 

Message 13 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jamex wrote:

Nice work!

FYI, depending on what your next credit needs are, you're in a really strong position to get good products from DCU. They only pull EQ, and as long as your score is above 675 you can get their best rates on auto loans (around 1.49%). You'd probably also get a good rate on a new cc if you need one.

What is DCU?  And you know what?  I'm thinking about moving out of the NY/NJ area within the next year ad I'm gonna need a car.  So, those rates are a fair cry from the 16% when I bought my first new car in 2001..Lol

I have looked at several credit cards to app for over the next month, and I really want t apply for just one; the Amex Everyday.  Possibly the Chase Sapphire? I really am not sure, but I know that I want to join the Amex family.  One, for the card, I like the rewards, and two, to signify my climbing out of the pit and no longer feeling like one of the "walking dead".    

I was just approved for the Amex Everyday, and my Experian score, (the one they pulled), is in the same range as yours. Only a $2K limit, but I'll take it.

Message 14 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jamex wrote:

Nice work!

FYI, depending on what your next credit needs are, you're in a really strong position to get good products from DCU. They only pull EQ, and as long as your score is above 675 you can get their best rates on auto loans (around 1.49%). You'd probably also get a good rate on a new cc if you need one.

What is DCU?  And you know what?  I'm thinking about moving out of the NY/NJ area within the next year ad I'm gonna need a car.  So, those rates are a fair cry from the 16% when I bought my first new car in 2001..Lol

I have looked at several credit cards to app for over the next month, and I really want t apply for just one; the Amex Everyday.  Possibly the Chase Sapphire? I really am not sure, but I know that I want to join the Amex family.  One, for the card, I like the rewards, and two, to signify my climbing out of the pit and no longer feeling like one of the "walking dead".    

I was just approved for the Amex Everyday, and my Experian score, (the one they pulled), is in the same range as yours. Only a $2K limit, but I'll take it

I think I may have saw your mention that?  I am waiting until my CR reflect my reduced balances on my EX so that I my fico score and internal scoring is at it's optimum.  That way, I am sitting on an app that will garner the greatest benefits (interest rate and credit limit).  So I will probably wait until the end of this month to app on the ED

Message 15 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is awesome and I am inspired!!! My scores took a dive after my husband lost his job last year. Now that he is working again, I want to pay down my credit card balances. Congrats on your success.

Down but not out!

Eqx - 545

TU - 566

Exp - 590

Goal - 700

Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That is awesome and I am inspired!!! My scores took a dive after my husband lost his job last year. Now that he is working again, I want to pay down my credit card balances. Congrats on your success.

Down but not out!

Eqx - 545

TU - 566

Exp - 590

Goal - 700

I see that you are new/newer to the forum.  Don't hesitate to post your credit profile to the boards and ask questions.   Paying down the credit cards is great(30% of your score) but make there may be other things there that we could help you with that could possibly explode your score.  

Message 17 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:  

CK is reporting the collection removed from TU.  I don't have an accurate score from them, the site is showing 684 and their mobile app is showing 715?  Meanwhile, my 3 Bureau Score Monitoring has not reported any alerts as of yet.  At least I know that it is ranging in the 680-710s!   I love it.  In about a week, my cc will have all reported to the CRAs and I'll should be showing 700s for each of my reports!!   WINNING!!!

Message 18 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE:  

CK is reporting the collection removed from TU.  I don't have an accurate score from them, the site is showing 684 and their mobile app is showing 715?  Meanwhile, my 3 Bureau Score Monitoring has not reported any alerts as of yet.  At least I know that it is ranging in the 680-710s!   I love it.  In about a week, my cc will have all reported to the CRAs and I'll should be showing 700s for each of my reports!!   WINNING!!!

UPDATE Part Two

This is some great stuff!  One of my credit cards just reported at $25, down from $665.  And my Experian account rose 30 points to 697!  That is about as close to 700 as you'll get.  Also, my new Cap One account has begun reporting on my CRs.  So this may have keep EX from reaching 700 on this go?  Let's see what happens when the other Cap One account reports a zero balance, down from $665, showing a utilization of 89%.  I am excited watching my scores move upward.  I am now just waiting for TU to update and I will get an idea of what those look like across the board.  I think I make have to revise my goals?  720 seems easy?

I must say that this is a great feeling.  Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 39
DueDilligence
Contributor

Jamex wrote:

Nice work!

When you refer to DCU, who is that?

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.