Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Small Victory...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Small Victory...

BofA took the training wheels off my $500 secured Visa. It's about to become a $1000 unsecured Visa. Woohoo!

It took eleven months and three phone calls...not to mention my utilization on that card was 18%. I got the letter from them today...darn near had myself a coronary!
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Small Victory...

WTG NWM, see you ARE making progress!   Just keep thinking of the little positives that add up to great big ones.

Message Edited by HouseHunter on 04-30-2007 07:22 PM
Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
BofA took the training wheels off my $500 secured Visa. It's about to become a $1000 unsecured Visa. Woohoo!

It took eleven months and three phone calls...not to mention my utilization on that card was 18%. I got the letter from them today...darn near had myself a coronary!

I don't believe you NWM.  You yourself said that hard work as far as credit is concerned NEVER pays off.

Just pulling your leg.... CongratsSmiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 39
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!
Message 4 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, it may well be the last good news I have on the credit front for a long, long time. But at least it showed my methodology was working...until the government came along and tilted the game to make the ball go straight down the middle.
Message 5 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I've come to realize that the battles fought uphill the entire way are the ones most rewarding and satisfying in the end.  It builds character and proves that you can do anything you set your mind to do.  It may not be immediate or even remotely soon but keep doing the right thing and you'll get there, despite any road blocks placed before you. 
Message 6 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps. But given that my enemy is the government trying to bleed me dry, there may come a time when I just get on a plane and take off to somewhere I can live my life in peace.
Message 7 of 39
Drew
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, well done sir.
Message 8 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go!!

You had to call them three times?   Were they reluctant to make the change? 
Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, everyone.

Yeah, you'd have thought I was asking them for their first-born son or a tank of gas or something like that.

I went through two supervisors. I think one difference was the first time I put my request in I was at 52% utilization...the second time I was down to 18%. But today I got the letter...I was fully expecting it to be a rejection.

As it turns out, this will likely be my credit rating high-water mark until the early 2020s...it will be all downhill from here, unfortunately. Seems like some mighty powerful people don't want a Joe like me to get ahead. But I did this once, and they can't take that away.
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.