Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALERT!! Superior Rental Purchase

tag
nickkinfl
New Contributor

ALERT!! Superior Rental Purchase

Mod, if this is not the correct place to put, sorry.....I just got an alert from myFICO about an inquiry made from 6-27-16 on TU from a Superior Rental Purchase in Pleasanton, TX . I have never heard of this company and I don't rent anything and I live in Florida. I called their number and they stated that they are trying to figure out what is going on and they are getting a lot of calls about it. She logged my name and phone # and said that someone would call me back. I immediately disputed with TU and I just wanted to make everyone aware. Watch your reports!!

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ALERT!! Superior Rental Purchase

Yes. Same happened to me. I called them and the insane thing is that place doesn't even run credit they said. Something super strange is going on. I've put a fraud alert on my all reports I suggest you do the same!
Message 2 of 17
nickkinfl
New Contributor

yeap fraud alerts already done on all 3!

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you happen to apply for a home depot card recently? Imy asking because I did the exact same day as this phantom superior rental inquiry hit my report. They are both coded as home/furnishing. Wondering if there is any link.
Message 4 of 17
nickkinfl
New Contributor

I was approved for a home depot card last week and I applied for a cli where they had to do another hard pull but both of those inquiries have already shown up.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really think the two are linked. Hoping Home Depot did not have another security breach..

Message 6 of 17
nickkinfl
New Contributor

Not sure what is going on but it makes me kind of nervous because I have heard horror stories about how hard it is to dispute fraud even if you have proof and I have worked too hard on my credit to have it messed up by someone who wants to cheat the system! If that is what is going on.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're telling me! I am very angry because I am preparing to pull the trigger on a home loan so these fraud alerts are going to delay that as it is Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to stay positive and look on the bright side that at least we caught it. From what this rental company told me, no account from them will pop up because they simply don't extend credit or pull credit. So it is all very bizarre.

Message 9 of 17
nickkinfl
New Contributor

Well I am going to be working VERY hard to find out what is going on and to get this inquiry off of my report. I have been doing enough damage on my own with inquiries! I don't need anyone to help me make it worse in that dept! I think I am going to call Home Depot right now. Will keep you informed.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.