cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATT makes me angry

tag
roadtoamex

ATT makes me angry

I must have spent $40,000 with them over the years between our personal and business mobile service. Finally last year they convinced me to dump comcast for a month to try their uverse service. WHAT A PIECE OF GARBAGE. I immediately cancelled within my 30 day no risk period and sent the equipment back (which meant I had to drive 30 miles to the nearest UPS store they authorize to do it)

Today Anderson Financial shows up with $340 for uverse and dropped my score 30 POINTS. I'm just about to buy a house I could litterally kill the ATT CEO with my bare hands if he were in front of me right now, that's how angry I am. 

Is there anything I can do about this to get it deleted asap? Can I sue, Can I call ATT, Anderson? Any help would be appreciated. 

edit by

webhopper

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Re: ATT should be burned to the ground

I assume the $340 is for equipment? If you called within the 30 day time period to cancel you should have a phone record of doing so and if you sent the equipment back you should have a UPS receipt from the store they authorized with a tracking number...Correct?

Message 2 of 8
roadtoamex

No they are charging for the service itself which is a breach of contract. And yes I do have the UPS reciept but that doesn't really matter until I can figure out who to talk to get this bogus debt deleted. I'm already getting the runaround from uverse and the debt is probably with anderson now who I'm sure is a filthy company. 

Message 3 of 8
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

It just showed up on your report with no dunning notice?

Message 4 of 8
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

In your original post you said you called and cancelled during the 30 day risk free period correct? I would get your records and prove the date you had service installed from your contract and the date you called them and told them their service is "garbage <---- actually true" and go from there. There is no way you should be charged. Unless there was some really fine print somewhere.

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I hope you paid via credit card.....

If payment was made with a CC, then any issue over billing is covered under the Fair Credit Billling Act (FCBA), giving rise to use of the strong dispute process provided under that act.  Unlike the FCRA dispute processes pertaining to credit reporting, the FCBA dispute process permits requirement for documentation of billing records...........

It does, however, require that a dispute be filed within 90 days of discovery of the billing error.

Message 6 of 8
kroberts67
Established Contributor

I had to deal with Anderson recently over an account that they had, they would not agree to PFT and were super stubborn.  When I called to pay the OC I was referred to a new CA. I paid the new CA and Anderson quickly deleted the following week without me ever needing to ask.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 7 of 8
HiLine
Blogger

@RobertEG wrote:

If payment was made with a CC, then any issue over billing is covered under the Fair Credit Billling Act (FCBA), giving rise to use of the strong dispute process provided under that act.  Unlike the FCRA dispute processes pertaining to credit reporting, the FCBA dispute process permits requirement for documentation of billing records...........

It does, however, require that a dispute be filed within 90 days of discovery of the billing error.

RobertEG, I learn something new from you everyday ...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.