cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZEO Method Question: Store Cards vs V/MC/D?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Things are starting to be decently established and I'm circling to get to the AZEO. Not all my cards report at the same time. I may be confused on them.  The timing. 

To get the benefits of AZEO....

1. Are Store Cards like TargetRED (not a V or MC or Amex) and Comenity and Synchrony included in that? Do I need to have my Target RED when it cuts and reports be at 0 as well as Overstock?

Or is it only the Credit Cards which in some way are Visa, Mastercard, Discover and Amex (I wish)? This is what I'm understanding. But I'm not sure. 

2. Of course, it's when the card reports which I may not be 100% up on. Sure they report right after statement cut date. It looks like they report other days too, but that might be me overexcited. It's when they report. Which then is how they stay in my CS for the month until that one cuts anew. Doesn't matter so much that I PIF'd and then something came through again and it reports. Yes? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AZEO Method Question: Store Cards vs V/MC/D?

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok. Things are starting to be decently established and I'm circling to get to the AZEO. Not all my cards report at the same time. I may be confused on them.  The timing. 

1. Are Store Cards like TargetRED (not a V or MC or Amex) and Comenity and Synchrony included in that? Do I need to have my Target RED when it cuts and reports be at 0 as well as Overstock? ALL revolving cards are included in the AZEO method.You only want one revolving card bankcard or store to report a small balance at the CRAs

Or is it only the Credit Cards which in some way are Visa, Mastercard, Discover and Amex (I wish)? This is what I'm understanding. But I'm not sure. 

2. Of course, it's when the card reports which I may not be 100% up on. Sure they report right after statement cut date. It looks like they report other days too, but that might be me overexcited. It's when they report. Which then is how they stay in my CS for the month until that one cuts anew. Doesn't matter so much that I PIF'd and then something came through again and it reports. Yes? Some banks like Synch may report more than once in a month if you have multi cards so I would not use them in AZEO and just make sure they are always as zero as each statement date comes up.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1. Are Store Cards like TargetRED (not a V or MC or Amex) and Comenity and Synchrony included in that? Do I need to have my Target RED when it cuts and reports be at 0 as well as Overstock? ALL revolving cards are included in the AZEO method.You only want one revolving card bankcard or store to report a small balance at the CRAs

2. Of course, it's when the card reports which I may not be 100% up on. Sure they report right after statement cut date. It looks like they report other days too, but that might be me overexcited. It's when they report. Which then is how they stay in my CS for the month until that one cuts anew. Doesn't matter so much that I PIF'd and then something came through again and it reports. Yes? Some banks like Synch may report more than once in a month if you have multi cards so I would not use them in AZEO and just make sure they are always as zero as each statement date comes up.

Thank you so much for confirming and clarifying. 🙏🏻 I'd thought it was all revolving. And then somehow had understood only CC's. I used my Discover It literally the last day hours before it cut, thus leaving me with 3 cards reporting... all small balances. 🙃 Not quite there this cycle. It'll take another month to get it there. Still this month my aggregate utilization should be good. I think OS reported my purchase before payment and CLI... one card with close to 29% utilization. 🙃 When usually I have it all around 6-8%. Next month. 🙏🏻 Thank you so much. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous you do not want to use a store/retail card as AZEO card. Use V/MC/D as AZEO card.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous you do not want to use a store/retail card as AZEO card. Use V/MC/D as AZEO card.

Yes! I think I understood that somewhere... part of that's b/c doing that builds the Luv with the V/MC/DC Bank 🏦... , yes? 🤔

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes! I think I understood that somewhere... part of that's b/c doing that builds the Luv with the V/MC/DC Bank 🏦... , yes? 🤔

@Anonymous no because you'll lose points if you don't. 

Message 6 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1. Are Store Cards like TargetRED (not a V or MC or Amex) and Comenity and Synchrony included in that? Do I need to have my Target RED when it cuts and reports be at 0 as well as Overstock?

2. Of course, it's when the card reports which I may not be 100% up on. Sure they report right after statement cut date. It looks like they report other days too, but that might be me overexcited. It's when they report. Which then is how they stay in my CS for the month until that one cuts anew. Doesn't matter so much that I PIF'd and then something came through again and it reports. Yes? 

Yes you should have your store cards report at zero.

No you should not rely on a store card as your one balance-reporting card; they are often not counted.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.