Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Card classification for AZEO

tag
tgwells
Valued Member

Amazon Prime Card classification for AZEO

In preparation for a loan I have been utilizing the AZEO method.  I recently opened an Amazon Prime Card.  It's listed as a charge account or retail account on my credit report.  Two questions, does the amazon card count towards available credit utilization and is the amazon card looked at the same as my three other credit cards for the AZEO?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amazon Prime Card classification for AZEO

Hi @tgwells, welcome to the forums.

Yes, the Amazon [Prime] store card is factored into your individual and aggregate utilization.

And, it can also be used as part of the AZEO method. The only caveat with SYNCB CCs, sometimes they can be quirky and report some transactions during mid-cycle. It may or may not happen in your case, but just something to be aware if you are using AZEO.

That said, it can be easily fixed by contacting them and request for a mid-cycle reporting update once the balance is $0.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn’t use anything other than a major bank card as the AZEO card reporting a balance.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP didn't state whether he was speaking of the Synchrony backed Amazon card or the one through Chase.  Whenever I hear "Prime" used I naturally think of the Chase version, but without clarification there's no way of knowing.

If it's the Chase version, that's a major bank card (Visa) that will 100% "count" for AZEO purposes.

As for the Synchrony version, chances are it would count, but it's a best practice not to use a store card just in case.

Message 4 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OP didn't state whether he was speaking of the Synchrony backed Amazon card or the one through Chase.  Whenever I hear "Prime" used I naturally think of the Chase version, but without clarification there's no way of knowing.

If it's the Chase version, that's a major bank card (Visa) that will 100% "count" for AZEO purposes.

As for the Synchrony version, chances are it would count, but it's a best practice not to use a store card just in case.

If it's the Chase version of the card, OP has to make sure NOT to use it as the card carrying the single balance, since it will morph to zero offcycle whenever it's paid down.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 7
tgwells
Valued Member

Thanks for the knowledge.  It is the Synchrony backed card.  

Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for confirming @tgwells. That was my hunch since your post didn't say anything about "Chase" or "Visa".

What other credit card accounts do you have?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.