Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Credit Report Inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Annual Credit Report Inquiry

Hey Credit Bob.  I realize now what you meant.  When you said that pulling your own report with ACR is always a soft pull, you meant that it ought to always be a soft pull -- that's the way it is supposed to work -- but in your case it actually isn't working out that way.. 

Yep, you are right, it is supposed to always be soft,  I really hope some other people will chime in with their experience.  One of our veteran contributors iv chimed in with the fact that he pulled all three reports via ACR on Sept 30 with all three appearing as soft.

I think that all three guys who are reporting a problem on this thread pulled their ACR reports in June/July of this year.  I wonder if the problem was confined to that time period and that since then TU fixed it?

The more people who can tell us what their experience is the better.

Also you mentioned in your first post "I know that this topic has come up before but the issue remains unresolved."  Do you have a link to any of those Forum discussions where other people talked about this?  I am curious to read those as well.

Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just pulled mine yesterday, and the same thing is showing up on mine this morning as a hard pull as well.
Message 12 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I stagger my pulls and for years it’s always in the soft inquiry section. Three times a year from each once. Never once has been a hard I quietly. For a data point.

Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just pulled mine yesterday, and the same thing is showing up on mine this morning as a hard pull as well.

Is TU the bureau that is doing the hard pull?  If so, did you do an EQ or EX pull with no hard pull?

Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is TU the bureau that is doing the hard pull?  If so, did you do an EQ or EX pull with no hard pull?

Yes, it was TU. I pulled Equifax, but there is no hard on it for the personal pull. I didn't request EQ.

Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, it was TU. I pulled Equifax, but there is no hard on it for the personal pull. I didn't request EQ.

Just so I am 100% clear.... you mean that you pulled Equifax but did not pull Experian.  Right?

Thanks for the response.  I really hope we hear from more people on this.

Message 16 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about that. You are correct. I did not pull Experian.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just so I am 100% clear.... you mean that you pulled Equifax but did not pull Experian.  Right?

Thanks for the response.  I really hope we hear from more people on this.

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pull via ACR is supposed to & always should be a soft inquiry. Those of you who have confirmed a hard inquiry must have encountered a glitch with either ACR or TU (maybe both?). For reference I used ACR to pull all 3 in July and did not incur any HP from doing so - exactly how it's supposed to be. Verified via 4 monthly myFICO 3b+ reports and a hardcopy report ordered from each agency this month: no HP inquiries only SP

You need to contact TU to dispute the matter. I STRONGLY suggest doing so via priority mail with delivery confirmation (not certified or return receipt - these don't get processed at the po boxes the way delivery confirmation does). Never dispute online. Mail gives you clear established time lines & records of the conversations.. You can order tracking labels for free from the USPS website (employees in post office sometimes seeing give you any or the correct type) they come in a 50 pack. Having these beforehand, you're able to include the tracking number in the dispute letter you send TU so if needed later on for court or CFPB you have legally admissible evidence they received your letters. They look like thisLABEL400-L0.jpg

Message 18 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exact same thing happened to me. I pulled my once a year free credit report from annualcreditreport.com yesterday (from my smartphone though) and today on credit karma showed a Hard inquiry from
2nd Factact Free Disc.
P. O. Box 1000
Chester, PA
Phone (800)888-4213
And when called that number it said they were transunion and wanted zip and social security number but hung up cause I don't know legit
Message 19 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing has also happened to me.  I requested a transunion report on 12/4/17 from Annual Credit Report and it showed up as a hard pull.  Sadly I was applying for a mortgage and this caused my transunion mortgage score to drop to 698 from 700.  I have tried everything, I sent a certified letter to transunion (no acknowledgement from them).   I have tried to call multiple times and they said that they cannot initiate disputes regarding inquiries.  To remove an inquiry you must contact the source who pulled your credit directly.  I still have not been able to get through to an actual person at annual credit report.  I even tried to send in a fax to transunion as well.  Almost two months later I have not been able to get this removed, nor get one person to help me.  How is this being allowed to happen?  Has anyone been able to get this removed??

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.