cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Examples of DNR (Do Not Report) Letters?

tag
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Any Examples of DNR (Do Not Report) Letters?

Tuscani,

Do you or any other forum members have examples of letters that would function as a DNR (Do Not Report) letter? What I mean is, if I contact a CA that has not reported me yet, by mailing them an agreement for a PIF or a reasonable settlement, can I negotiate on paper a payment arrangement like the one I did over the phone with CCS?

Or should I just call them first and get them to agree on the phone, then submit the letter (stating date, time, agent name, and agreement terms) as a backup?

Or, by doing this, am I showing my hand too much and validating a debt for them, which gives them more leverage to report the account to the CRAs without any kind of agreement?

Or should I just wait a little longer and see if they report at all, and then negotiate a PFD?

This is a tricky, sticky situation.

I have about 4 or 5 CA letters for accounts that have not reported, but total $1900 (PIF amount), and I'd REALLY like to prevent those suckers from suddenly appearing out of the blue when the CA Collective Hive Mind hears that I paid one bill, then starts demanding I pay them all simultaneously.

And yes, I think of CAs as if they were the Borg. But I'd rather run into a Borg in a dark alley.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Re: Any Examples of DNR (Do Not Report) Letters?

BUMP!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Examples of DNR (Do Not Report) Letters?

Here's what I would do. Just copy and paste the PFD letter, which starts out disputing the debt, and then just take out the verbage stating you want  a PFD, and insert the DNR language. Ask for the same type of reply - on company letterhead with an authorized signature.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.