Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to trigger Amex Soft Pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any way to trigger Amex Soft Pull?

The last time Amex pulled my report was April 2. That was the absolute worst time because my utilization was high. Two cards reported at 95%. That was really a fluke since I try to keep my ultilization at 3% max. My utilization has gone down to under 1% and my FICO has gone back up to 748, almost 100 points more than what Amex is currently showing. I want to apply for the 3X CLI but I know that they use the last soft pull and not the current FICO.

Does anyone know of any way to trigger a soft pull from Amex? I have already tried refreshing the FICO multiple times a day. Amex doesn't seem to care.    

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any way to trigger Amex Soft Pull?

It appears there are lots of folks in your shoes stuck on a 4/2 update.  I started another thread related to this and lots of folks have shared their experiences.  It is located on this same board under the title of "AMEX.com FICO Score Updates".

Personally I got mine to update by applying for a new AMEX card.  I knew my EXP was higher than what it showed on Amex.com because I subscribe to CCT and MyFico so I took a chance when applying.  Luckily I was approved for not one but 2 new AMEX accounts and the very next day the FICO on Amex.com updated to my new higher score!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Pauly3. I saw the thread later. Congrats on the two cards! I think I will wait until June 2. If I don't get an update, I will apply for a card. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My updated score with AMEX was last SP'd 5/11, and my most recent app with them was the end of Januray 2016.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my to update yesterday but was due to applying for another card.

FYI it was a soft pull for the card...  Got approved 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex just updated my FICO on the web a few minutes ago... pull date May 18.. the day before my utilization dropped. 

One strange thing though is that I got a copy of my Experian report to look at the soft pulls and didn't see any at all this month from Amex. The score is correct for that date though.. Weird.

Message 6 of 8
Marcos8
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex just updated my FICO on the web a few minutes ago... pull date May 18.. the day before my utilization dropped. 

One strange thing though is that I got a copy of my Experian report to look at the soft pulls and didn't see any at all this month from Amex. The score is correct for that date though.. Weird.

Same thing happened to me once. It appears soft pulls are not added to reports in live time. I have checked a report to see no soft activity but later checked again the next month and the soft was there with the proper date. All of my hard inquiries on the other hand have showed up on my reports within 24 hours. 

Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

That's probably what it is, that the soft pulls do not show up as quickly as HP's. I wish there was a monthly report you could get that showed up to date SP's.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.