Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are balances real time on credit pulls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are balances real time on credit pulls

Having my credit pulled soon and would like to know if balances are shown with the last statement amount or real time balances?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are balances real time on credit pulls

@Anonymous wrote:

Having my credit pulled soon and would like to know if balances are shown with the last statement amount or real time balances?

Credit pulls do not show real time balances (not yet anyway).

The balances on your credit report will be the balances reported to the credit bureaus by the lender as of the last Statement Close date for each account (US Bank and Elan Financial report on the last business day of the month, not on Statement Close date).

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you that is what I thought but wanted to confirm. 

Message 3 of 8
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Keep in mind that although the balance that is reported is that of the last statement, noting the exceptions listed above, it is seldom if ever reported to the credit bureau's on that day.  For example my Capital One cards are due the 20th, reports to the CB the balance as of the 24th (statement date) but does not show up on EX until the 27th, TU around the 30th and EQ around the 28th.   You will want to keep that in mind for the timing of when you pull your credit report.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 4 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not real time, it's whatever the last reported balance is for the account. In most credit card accounts, but not all, the statement balance is the reported balance. We would need to know who  your lenders are to answer the question more specifically than that.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is my First Premier card I was wondering about . My credit is being pulled for a mortgage and I wasn’t sure if I needed to pay it off prior the statement date is around the 9th or 10th if the month and it will be paid in full prior to that. It is paid in full before statement date every month.
Message 6 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It is my First Premier card I was wondering about . My credit is being pulled for a mortgage and I wasn’t sure if I needed to pay it off prior the statement date is around the 9th or 10th if the month and it will be paid in full prior to that. It is paid in full before statement date every month.

I'm not familiar with First Premier, so I can't say whether it's one of the majority which report the statement balance, or one of the few exceptions which report some other balance. You should be able to tell from your prior credit reports or from Credit Karma or something.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have access to your CR, it will show you on or about what date they post to it every month. For instance if you have a monitering service like Credit karma, you can check to see when First Premier reports account data to the Bureaus. 

If your due date is the 9th and you pay it off prior to the due date, you'll have to wait another whole cycle(30ish days) for it to report the paid off balance. What you want to do is PIF before your statement cuts, that way it will report the paid balance on the very next cycle. 

Depending on the bank, you might be able to get them to report off cycle. YMMV

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.