cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspire Mastercard - when do they report to the credit bureaus?

tag
jrwa81
Regular Contributor

Aspire Mastercard - when do they report to the credit bureaus?

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone might be able to answer my question.  I got the Aspire Mastercard almost 3 months ago in early May.  This card still has not shown up on any of my credit reports, despite the fact that I have now gone through two billing cycles with this card and have paid it off in full each time before the new cycle starts.  I have contacted Aspire twice and they claim to have reported my account to the bureaus on 6/2 and 7/2.  If that were the case, it definitely should be on my reports by now and I'm getting pretty frustrated that it's still not there.  I've never had a new credit card take even remotely this long to appear on my credit reports.   

Does anyone have any experience with this card?  How much longer should I wait before I contact them again?  Should I file a Better Business Bureau complaint?   Obviously, I know that credit card companies aren't legally required to report to the bureaus, but they assured me that they did report to all three bureaus when I signed up for this card and they have now told me that they have reported for two billing cycles.  I got this card with a $1000 CL, which I am using to build my credit, so I'm pretty annoyed that it has been this long and it's still not reporting on any of the bureaus.  

Any insight on this would be very much appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
scootyes89
Contributor

Re: Aspire Mastercard - when do they report to the credit bureaus?

I am interested to hear what people have to say about this, as I received the Aspire Card early last month with a $2,000 starting CL and zero fees. I don't want to keep it if it's never going to report. I'll keep an eye on this thread. 

Message 2 of 6
jrwa81
Regular Contributor

I'll definitely post updates!  I'm extremely irritated that I have had this card for going on three months and it's still not showing on any of my reports.  All of my other cards have shown up as new accounts within just a week or two of activation, so this make no sense whatsoever.  I have a subscription with Experian, so I get live updates on all three of my reports with email alerts whenever there is a change or inquiry and there hasn't been anything for Aspire.  I check my reports a few times per week.  This was one of the cards that I got to help with my rebuild, so there is absolutely no point in me even having this card if they aren't going to report at all.  I'll end up canceling as well.   I can't help but feel like they have lied to me the two times that I contacted them when they claimed to have reported both for both June and July.   They tried to brush me off and told me to contact the credit bureaus if it's not showing up, but I just know that it has nothing to do with the credit bureaus.  There is absolutely no way that all three of them are taking this long to report one card when they all reported every single one of my other new cards so quickly.

On the other hand, I'm sure if you're ever late or miss one payment, they'll be showing up on your reports almost immediately!

Message 3 of 6
Maker_Bayfield
Valued Member

Aspire Credit card - myFICO® Forums - 5775800

we had this convo about a year ago, it was easier to just link the thread.  if I remember correctly, the consensus seemed to be after the third month

Message 4 of 6
jrwa81
Regular Contributor

Oh, boy.  I hope they still report the previous billing cycles.   I don't want this to screw with the age of my credit by late reporting.  Smiley Frustrated  I wonder why this card takes so long to report.  

Message 5 of 6
Kristinajobe

So I was doing some research and digging around to see why Aspire hadn't reported to the bureaus for me either... and found this thread. I know it's old, but I found an answer so I thought I would share it with you guys. Aspire told me they don't report to the credit bureaus until the first purchase is made. I have had the aspire care since early June but I didn't actually use it until July 22nd. So roughly around August 22nd they will be reporting it to the credit bureaus. I hope this info helps even though its been so long since this was posted originally.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.