Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankurcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankurcy

When can you get an bankurcy remove from your credit report?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankurcy

Bankrupcy stays on your report for 10 years from the Date you filed so if you filed on 08/2001 then your BK will come off on 7/2011
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on whic chapter you filed, Chapter 13 is generally removed after 7 years and ch 7 stays on for ten
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

OOPS surprised smiley forgot about Chapter 13 I did Chapter 7sad smiley. Thank you Brammy for that cover therewink smiley
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Couple of years after a BK, with it still on their report, lots of folks report getting mortgages, car loans, credit cards, etc.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have yet to see that happen and mine was filed in August of 2000 I just give up I got them (mid Scord) 5 points under the 600 mark and cant seem to go anywhere else. I have tried and tried to get a loan for 5000.00 to take care of ALL and yes I mean ALL of the negatives on there and and that includes bring down my Utilization on 2 CC's but cant seem to get anyone to lend it to me. So I guess I will have to just deal with it and face the fact I have bad Credit and it will stay that way. 
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

nikkoslilmouse wrote:
I have yet to see that happen and mine was filed in August of 2000 I just give up I got them (mid Scord) 5 points under the 600 mark and cant seem to go anywhere else. I have tried and tried to get a loan for 5000.00 to take care of ALL and yes I mean ALL of the negatives on there and and that includes bring down my Utilization on 2 CC's but cant seem to get anyone to lend it to me. So I guess I will have to just deal with it and face the fact I have bad Credit and it will stay that way. 

I filed three months after you did so I know thats not true.  Have you reviewed your reports to make sure that everything included in your bankruptcy is listed as included.  Most if not everything should have fallen off since that time.

Have you had a bunch of new derogs since BK? If thats the case then no yu will not get the best loans or scores

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out naca.com and see whether they're in your state. FHA is another option.

2 years after a BK is discharged, people do get mortgages.

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 04-16-2007 10:39 PM
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

some lenders will give a mortgage loan one day out of BK. Rates are ugly, but you can get it.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA depends upon your recent payment history and DTI. Credit scores don't matter.

NACA also doesn't depend upon having high FICOs.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.