Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best consolidation loan company?

tag
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

Best consolidation loan company?

Hey all,

I'm a small business owner who is throwing a lot of his debt onto some personal cards. (Just can't be helped right now)

I have had a 730+ score for a while but with my balances creeping up (util 30%) ive been thinking about doing a consolidation.  Unfortunately thursday, Chase cut one of my limits by 16K and now I'm afraid with the current balances, and a decrease, I'm going to hit 40+ util. I've already dipped to 718 and would like to get a consolidation loan asap to cover my butt and protect my score.

Do all loan cos pull all 3 bureaus or is there one that will do just experian? (My best, equifax my lowest, which DCU uses.)

I would want to turn around approval on this asap, so speed of approval, credit reqs etc, all are important to me. I'd be doing probably at least 50-75K.

Any help?

Thanks!

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best consolidation loan company?

Is something else happening with your profile that is causing Chase to balance chase you?

If so, I fear that whatever that is could be a problem when trying to obtain a personal loan.  A  50-75k personal loan, at that.

Message 2 of 8
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

I have no idea.  DCU (my CU) denied me.

I am trying sofi now at 50K they preapproved me for that. we'll see

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mccallb wrote:

I have no idea.  DCU (my CU) denied me.

I am trying sofi now at 50K they preapproved me for that. we'll see

Keep us updated on SoFi. I have a loan with them.

Message 4 of 8
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

Update:

Sofi kicks butt!

I was preapproved that day, they asked me for a picture of my license the next day, I was approved the day after that, and I've been funded this morning: 50K deposited to my account.

FYI: I will find out why chase slashed my limit, and keep you guys up to date on if i get it restored after i consolidate all the revolving credit.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mccallb wrote:

Update:

Sofi kicks butt!

I was preapproved that day, they asked me for a picture of my license the next day, I was approved the day after that, and I've been funded this morning: 50K deposited to my account.

FYI: I will find out why chase slashed my limit, and keep you guys up to date on if i get it restored after i consolidate all the revolving credit.

Congrats on the loan approval.  What other documentation did you have to provide them besides your driver's license?  POI, etc?

Message 6 of 8
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

literally nothing else.  just my photo id.

no POI, no tax returns, no nothing.  I really do have a strong credit profile, which is why I'm amazed chase slashed me.

DCU simply couldn't PERSONALLY loan me any more, I have multiple cars and a 35K credit card. I hit their exposure limit.

Message 7 of 8
ljavonna
New Contributor

Which bureau do Sofi use
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.