cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to get multiple credit line increses (need help)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to get multiple credit line increses (need help)

HI...

I am at a cross road. I am attempting to get a Home loan refi...an old house with many red flags that scare the underwriters..

I may not qualify and will need up 10,000 dollars.. Even if I have to put it on my cards.(Obviously not ideal).

I owe about 7,000 already...and I need at least 5,000 more...

I know that I am already on the slippery slope...but I want to think this Through!

My limit between 7 cards is about 25,000....so I am at about 25%..

I want the limit much higher so I don't tank my Fico score with available credit  used up.

DISCOVER......3,000/6000

CREDIT UNION..1,000/5,000

Citi.D,/C.............1,500/2600

"  " simplicity.....1,000/5000

CHASE..slate....1,500/4,000

LOWES..................   0/10,000

AMEX..........              0/1,000

I have some other Mickey Mouse cards...but this is the basic math.

What is the best way to get my limits up...? (Without spooking the powers to be.

Hit each CCC at one time?....I can't think of a better way!

I appreciate any response

(EVEN THE MORAL LESSONS😃)

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best way to get multiple credit line increses (need help)

Amex offers a CLI for up to 3X at the 61 day mark after account opening.  It's usually a soft pull.

Discover offers CLI for SP all the time, they will warn you if they need to HP.

Chase is always an HP.

Lowes is an SP usually -- try calling the credit solutions backdoor number and asking for more.

Why do you need a refi?

Those high utilizations are bringing your FICO down for sure -- if you can't manage your debt as it is, will CLI increases just make things worse?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex offers a CLI for up to 3X at the 61 day mark after account opening.  It's usually a soft pull.

Chase is always an HP.

Lowes is an SP usually -- try calling the credit solutions backdoor number and asking for more.

Why do you need a refi?

Those high utilizations are bringing your FICO down for sure -- if you can't manage your debt as it is, will CLI increases just make things worse?

THanks for the reply...

My scores are 720 to 740....

And slowly decreasing.....They were all above 750 not long ago....

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase is always an HP.

Why do you need a refi?

Thanks for the reply....

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the AMEX for about a year,,..never use...would the 3x CLI work without usage?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Snychrony cards grow fast! lowes not so much but walmart master cards ect start out with good SL and grow fast....they help my utilization a alot.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had the AMEX for about a year,,..never use...would the 3x CLI work without usage?

It's a bad idea to obtain a card and then not use it within the first 90 days.  Cards that have never been used even once are at a high risk of being closed by the issuer.

Youn should use that card very soon.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had these cards and how quickly did the balances get ran up to where they are?

If your creditors sense a trend of you borrowing more and more in a short period of time, they are going to think you're in trouble (it sounds like you might be) and your CLI requests likely won't go over well.

The solution to our financial issues is pretty much never borrowing more. Something else is wrong. Fix it and the rest of this fixes itself.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Snychrony cards grow fast! lowes not so much but walmart master cards ect start oyr with good SL and grow fast....they help my untilization a alot.

Catch 22 situation....

I want the refi to pay off the 7,000 cc debt and make some much needed repairs.

I have offers from Walmart,etc.But I figured to raise limits from the good cards that I have...

I joined MyFico to work on my credit in order to refi....2 years now

The house is debt free...Worth a lot...but old with additions that are not up to code....

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How long have you had these cards and how quickly did the balances get ran up to where they are?

If your creditors sense a trend of you borrowing more and more in a short period of time, they are going to think you're in trouble (it sounds like you might be) and your CLI requests likely won't go over well.

The solution to our financial issues is pretty much never borrowing more. Something else is wrong. Fix it and the rest of this fixes itself.

Very true....all of the above....

I have had the cards for awhile...Am very tight (spending wise) and of course dont want CC debt. However, ..it is always easier to get credit and CLI's. When you don't need it....and I need the $ at the moment.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Very true....all of the above....

I have had the cards for awhile...Am very tight (spending wise) and of course dont want CC debt. However, ..it is always easier to get credit and CLI's. When you don't need it....and I need the $ at the moment....

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.