cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to get multiple credit line increses (need help)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

7k isn't a ton of debt in the grand scheme of things. I...

7k isn't a ton of debt in the grand scheme of things.

If it's proving problematic to pay off 7k while you currently have no mortgage, I fear that having a significant mortgage could really send you into dangerous territory.

I think some tweaks to your budget and knocking this debt out on your own first will both: 1) raise your scores for the loan 2) let you evaluate the amount of mortgage payment that will work in your budget without getting you into trouble.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best way to get multiple credit line increses (need help)

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Snychrony cards grow fast! lowes not so much but walmart master cards ect start oyr with good SL and grow fast....they help my untilization a alot.

Catch 22 situation....

I want the refi to pay off the 7,000 cc debt and make some much needed repairs.

I have offers from Walmart,etc.But I figured to raise limits from the good cards that I have...

I joined MyFico to work on my credit in order to refi....2 years now

The house is debt free...Worth a lot...but old with additions that are not up to code....

I took the hit and added some Syncrhony bank cards because they grow so fast....what you owe is 30% of your score so it hurt awhile but My Fico scores rebounded really fast....my Chevron visa went from 1500 to 10k in one year same as my walmart mastercard....so even though I don't use them much that's 20k in untilization righ there....every credit profile is different and as different goals. good luck.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best way to get multiple credit line increses (need help)

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had the AMEX for about a year,,..never use...would the 3x CLI work without usage?

It's a bad idea to obtain a card and then not use it within the first 90 days.  Cards that have never been used even once are at a high risk of being closed by the issuer.

Youn should use that card very soon.

I will use it.....

Thanks for the reminder....you have given great advice today , I have noticed

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.