Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to transfer money to DCU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best way to transfer money to DCU?

I just got a DCU savings account and when I tried to use the Cash Edge option to transfer money from my regular bank to my DCU savings, I got an email like two days later saying that my transfers had been disabled or something like that. I called DCU and they said that they don't allow transfers via Cash Edge until 90 days after account opening, for security and fraud reasons. Sounds like a bunch of crap to me but whatever. They said I can make a deposit via a local credit union which handles deposits for DCU instead.

Message 11 of 13
Cookiegrabber
Regular Contributor

I didn't go through probation at DCU, but did get a month at MACU (savings) and am still on 6 month probation at PenFed (savings). Didn't stop me from transferring funds via Paypal, though. Tried $1, $5, $50, $300 all with no issue.

Starting Scores: No Scores (03/2018)
Current Scores: 779 - 789 (08/2023)
Goal Scores: 780 across the board

Current Total Credit Limit: $109,900 (08/2023)
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
iced
Valued Contributor

@Cookiegrabber wrote:

Echoing the Mobile Deposit feature for DCU, but I'm not sure if you can deposit straight to savings as I always deposit to checking.

You can. For the online scan/mobile deposit, there's a pulldown selection that lets you choose the account toward the bottom of the screen (iOS version at least). For ACH, the account number for savings is your member number; the routing number is the same as for checking.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.