Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of Experian credit monitoring service

tag
vish1
Valued Contributor

Beware of Experian credit monitoring service

I just canceled my experian credit monitoring service.

I had signed up about 2 years back at 7.49 a month originally for unlimited Experian reports and monitoring of all 3.

The thought was it was NOT bad for 3 credit monitoring. Now I realized that I am actually getting my alerts only from experian. I logged on to their website to see what's going ON, my thought was may be alert mail got into my spam folder. So, I logged in and this is what it says:

experian.jpg

I called up customer service

her: oh that was like long back when we stopped monitoring all 3 and you were notified.

me: tell me when and how I was notified

her: I don't have the details, all I know is you were notified that we will only monitor experian now.

me: your website still says you monitor all 3. This is dishonest and unethical business and experian is outright lying to its customers and cheating money

her: that's NOT POSSIBLE, our website doesn't say that it monitors all 3 CBs

me: I am logged in right now and this is what it says, do you want me to send you a snapshot?

her: please hold on, let me check

me: ok

I hung up after hearing their music for 15 mins

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Beware of Experian credit monitoring service

Wow! That's too bad.

Think you might want to post this in General Credit Topics
Message 2 of 6
john398
Senior Contributor

I have the experian service from USAA and it does monitor all 3 for me.....maybe thats not the same as the one you have I guess

The picture you posted does say alerts come from all 3, so maybe the person you talked to was missinformed

Message 3 of 6
vish1
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

I have the experian service from USAA and it does monitor all 3 for me.....maybe thats not the same as the one you have I guess

The picture you posted does say alerts come from all 3, so maybe the person you talked to was missinformed

The person was NOT misinformed, I am only getting experian alerts. I know that all of the activity of my TU/EQ went unreported by experian.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 6
GingerBear

That's about as bad as my experience with Equifax.  I had a CSR start arguing with me when I wanted to cancel.  Then he started yelling, and eventually just hung up on me.  It started out with me refusing to stay with them and accept whatever offer it was he was trying to sell me, and then we argued more because when I signed up they used my old address (from when I used them a year ago) without asking for my current address and then updated my credit report with that old address, so now my Equifax report has the wrong current address on it and my attempts to dispute it got me nowhere.  None of their inquiries sections listed the details.  TU lists who pulled the report through the third party, but Equifax doesn't.

I've used products from all three and honestly TU has been the best for me.

Message 5 of 6
MeridianRN86

When I started using the site they gave me all three scores/reports for november, but since then, i've only gotten my Experian cs from them. I do get alerts whenever I get a HP and that includes one from EQ when I applied for my Discover IT cc.

Best Buy: $600
Bill Me Later: $1510
Discover IT:$2500
Barclaycard: $3700
Belks:$4050
Amex BCE: $9000

EQ: 757/EX:761 (4/14/13)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.