Did you mean: 

Cap1 reported new CC but not on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 reported new CC but not on CR

That is an interesting thought.

@Remedios wrote:

Being reported later is not a bad thing.

Later it reports, further you're removed from new account penalty as lot of profiles get a small bump at three months. 

I almost universally apply during last couple of days in the month, that way, a day or two later, card is already a month old 😂

So patience, grasshoppers. It's better that way. 

Totally by accident I app'd for my cards at the end of the month. My WS PLCC reported immediately, so I am grateful that I didn't purchasing anything that same day because the balance posted immediately. VS was about 3 weeks from app and would show a balance, if I had one, but I also had not purchased anything yet. Total dumb luck! Still no statement cut yet.

Cap1 is the outlier. I've charged it up and paid it off at least 3 times since getting the card and then waited for statement to cut with a 2% bal ($6). I waited a few days to start charging on it again since I'm new to this and almost ready to make another payment.

Sorry for the long winded response. My point being every single account that has posted has increased my scores, but both are probably dinging me for the absolute 0% util. Just anxious for the 3rd card with the 2% bal to post so I can see my AZEO score. If it goes down, I totally get it, but personally I feel like my scores are so bad they really can only go up. HPs made my scores go up even!

Message 21 of 22
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Cap1 reported new CC but not on CR

@Anonymous wrote:

That is an interesting thought.

@Remedios wrote:

Being reported later is not a bad thing.

Later it reports, further you're removed from new account penalty as lot of profiles get a small bump at three months. 

I almost universally apply during last couple of days in the month, that way, a day or two later, card is already a month old 😂

So patience, grasshoppers. It's better that way. 

Totally by accident I app'd for my cards at the end of the month. My WS PLCC reported immediately, so I am grateful that I didn't purchasing anything that same day because the balance posted immediately. VS was about 3 weeks from app and would show a balance, if I had one, but I also had not purchased anything yet. Total dumb luck! Still no statement cut yet.

Cap1 is the outlier. I've charged it up and paid it off at least 3 times since getting the card and then waited for statement to cut with a 2% bal ($6). I waited a few days to start charging on it again since I'm new to this and almost ready to make another payment.

Sorry for the long winded response. My point being every single account that has posted has increased my scores, but both are probably dinging me for the absolute 0% util. Just anxious for the 3rd card with the 2% bal to post so I can see my AZEO score. If it goes down, I totally get it, but personally I feel like my scores are so bad they really can only go up. HPs made my scores go up even!

New accounts help at first, either because you dont have enough at the start of rebuilding or because they lower utilization. 

Over time, those big gains dissipate somewhat. 

Dirty files are not as sensitive to new accounts as young and clean files, so typically less points lost when new account reports 

It's always hard at first, sometimes it feels like nothing is happening or getting worse, but it really gets better over time. 

Just let your accounts age and continue working on negatives. 

It really does get better, but it's also very stressful process because of how many things in our lives depend on credit. 

Hopefully you will see some nice gains very soon. 

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.