Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off

If an account was charged off in August 2019 (with amount written off), can it be changed to a repossession reported on March 2020, and then another charge off reported August 2021? MyFico is calculating in the recent charge off as a late payment and dropped my score 21 points because of an "updated" dispute. This account has been charged off for 2 years and now it is causing my credit score to drop again, misrepresenting that I have had a recent late payment.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Charge off

Did you settled the charge off amount or do you still owe them. If you still owe then they can keep reporting as CO until DoFD + 180 days.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that when they auctioned off the car that it cleared the balance. The company doesn't respond to my validation letters. My online account with them says $0 balance and $0 past due. In the payment history it says that it had a "payoff check" (which looks like from a dealership that probably bought the car). I don't have any of the contract information. I've never had a statement from them. Adding up all my payments and the sale of the auction, it looks as if they owe me money. On the repossesion papers notices, the charges are different amounts for the same thing (cost of repossesion).  This company was one of those "bad credit we finance anyone" dealerships.

Also, how can they report that the account was charged off and then later report that it was a repossession, and then report again that it was a charge off and bounce back and forth.

Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

In your first post you posted "dispute". Did you happen to file a dispute? If so that may have changed the listing. You need to seewho has your money also.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've requested validation from the company and copy of the contract and everything and they will not responsed to any of my written requests. I've never received a billing statement from them. At one point they did report a $0 balance, and then changed it. At one point they reported a repo during a time i was never late... The credit bureaus just keep letting them "update" the status to the next month. Only one credit agency actually deleted them from my report. Although I have shown proof of a $0 balance, they still won't delete the account. Idk what the credit bureaus are doing or if they are just telling the creditor to update the account and not checking into what I am disputing or what not.

Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You can upload all your proof and file a claim with the CFPB. It does work if there is a violation.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.