Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Pre-Approved and Offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Pre-Approved and Offers

Confusion?

Over the last several months Chase has been sending me many opportunities for so many things I do not even remember?

A couple I have relate to are the Green or Black: "You're Pre-approved," "Limited Time Offer," "Selected For You," and "Reminder" ...

Over time there have been other things. What does the black or green colors really mean and how "pre-approved" is "pre-approved"?

For many years Chase never sent such items to me. Yes, I did activate an "Opt out" for everything well over five years back and it was everything not any one lender and would have technically expired as it was for five years.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Pre-Approved and Offers

@FinStar

You have offered information on this over time ... your insight would be most helpful.

Will add that Citi Bank started three months ago offering me everything but the kitchen sink ... after years of offering nothing back to 2014.

My profile was FICO 8 850 for over five years.

Then I opened a new Credit Card and Home Loan summer 2022. Funny, as the scores took a hit and now all this activity?

As I think back my last real credit actions are over five years ago. Only use all accounts regularily.

Message 2 of 8
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous  it was exactly 1 year ago that Chase pre-approved me for the Ink Cash.  I got good advice that their approvals were solid as a rock and I went for it...  $50k instant approval so, yeah... pretty solid in my experience. 

Message 3 of 8
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Oh... and my "for you" offer showed as Pre-Approved.

Message 4 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Confusion?

Over the last several months Chase has been sending me many opportunities for so many things I do not even remember?

A couple I have relate to are the Green or Black: "You're Pre-approved," "Limited Time Offer," "Selected For You," and "Reminder" ...

Over time there have been other things. What does the black or green colors really mean and how "pre-approved" is "pre-approved"?

For many years Chase never sent such items to me. Yes, I did activate an "Opt out" for everything well over five years back and it was everything not any one lender and would have technically expired as it was for five years.

Only the 'pre-approved' or 'you're approved' offers with green/black star ribbons are the ones typically solid or which can yield to an approval, especially for individuals who may be above the 5/24 threshold. I've had green/black pre-approved offers for both personal and business CCs. Sadly, yes 🎻, I haven't seen any recent ones given my HolyMoly/24 status 😇 but I'm hopeful.

The others are simply marketing promoting those specific products. Granted, anyone below 5/24 with good-to-excellent credit or overall profile may get approved for anything Chase (absent of offers), but the pre-approved/you're approved ones are great barometers.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar and @805orbust

Appreciate your follow-back!

It has been bugging me especially since I have gone for recent years (five plus) with nothing from any FI other than Discover (good with the BTs).
Message 6 of 8
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous  I thought it was BS initially but after they told me it was good, I went for it.  Glad I did too. 

Message 7 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Confusion?

The consensus here is that they are pretty reliable, unless your scores have dropped recently.

As to my personal experience with it, the only time I applied for a Chase preapproved card I was turned down.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.