Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase mid cycle reporting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase mid cycle reporting?

The info I found while searching this topic was several years old but it appeared that Chase will midcycle report if requested. Is this still a thing? We're getting ready to close on a refi in a few weeks and moving up 10ish points will save us 1/4 in interest which is significant on a 400k mortgage. Lender said they would re-check fico if requested. I owe about 10k on a Chase Freedom card which I planned to pay next week anyway, but it won't report until after our close date. Once paid, can I request that they report it early before our close to move up to the next tier?

appreciate your advice. Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase mid cycle reporting?

It is my understanding Chase automatically reports after you pay to zero.

Message 2 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

Your understanding is correct! popcorn eating emoticon.gif

Message 3 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Your understanding is correct! popcorn eating emoticon.gif

HatTipSmileyAnim.gif

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your responses.  Really appreciate bouncing ideas off of this forum.  

Message 5 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your responses.  Really appreciate bouncing ideas off of this forum.  

@Anonymous, You are welcome. Glad to have you aboard.

Message 6 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The info I found while searching this topic was several years old but it appeared that Chase will midcycle report if requested. Is this still a thing? We're getting ready to close on a refi in a few weeks and moving up 10ish points will save us 1/4 in interest which is significant on a 400k mortgage. Lender said they would re-check fico if requested. I owe about 10k on a Chase Freedom card which I planned to pay next week anyway, but it won't report until after our close date. Once paid, can I request that they report it early before our close to move up to the next tier?

appreciate your advice. Thanks

As @M_Smart007 and @AllZero have already pointed out, if you pay it down to zero Chase will automatically report mid cycle.

And they will do it pretty quickly too.

But it's got be paid down to zero.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.