Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank checking plus closed

Why was it closed?

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

They said it was related to my credit but it couldn't be true considering they just gave me a CLI when my credit was lower. I have had the Citigold account for ten years and they erroneously reported 2 late payments to the credit bureaus in 2014. I fought them on it for 2 years and literally the day after it was escalated to the Execs and they sided with me and removed the lates, the next day I log in and see I have no available checking plus balance. They just closed the account. 

Message 4 of 21
jbsea
Established Contributor

Go in to your branch and talk with them about it.... If the wont reopen it, that would suck but the good news is that there are a million banks and credit unions out there.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 5 of 21
jbsea
Established Contributor

is your credit card still open?

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would contact the EO nd find out why they closed your account after you were dealing with them on the late payments

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

How big was the line? 

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

5000 and they increased it to 5500 in June when my score was fully realizing the negative effects of its erroneous reporting. I greatly appreciate the help with this.

Message 9 of 21
ddemari
Super Contributor

I would definitely contact someone at the EO office about this and get your account reopened. Especially like someone else said earlier, if you have been dealing with them about other things. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.