Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card missing from Experian report

tag
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Credit Card missing from Experian report

I'm an AU on a BOA CC, opened in May 2004. The card reports to EQ and TU since being added as an AU in April 2018, but never showed on my Experian report. I read a few threads re: split credit files and thought i'd give Experian a call to inquire about this in hopes of getting the BOA account to reflect on that report.

I spoke with a case manager who said BOA removed this account from my Experian report because it is a "negative account" (4 late payments from 2010 - 2012). She went on to say that because the account no longer benefits me as an AU due to the negative payment history, BOA elected to remove it from reporting. Keep in mind, this account still reports and updates across my other two CB reports. I was instructed to contact BOA's Experian rep for more information and next steps.

Does any of this make sense?

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card missing from Experian report

@19eighty5 wrote:

I'm an AU on a BOA CC, opened in May 2004. The card reports to EQ and TU since being added as an AU in April 2018, but never showed on my Experian report. I read a few threads re: split credit files and thought i'd give Experian a call to inquire about this in hopes of getting the BOA account to reflect on that report.

I spoke with a case manager who said BOA removed this account from my Experian report because it is a "negative account" (4 late payments from 2010 - 2012). She went on to say that because the account no longer benefits me as an AU due to the negative payment history, BOA elected to remove it from reporting. Keep in mind, this account still reports and updates across my other two CB reports. I was instructed to contact BOA's Experian rep for more information and next steps.

Does any of this make sense?

I went through the same thing with Capital One.

My advice would be to dispute it with the CBs. You should have no problem getting it removed because the account isn't in your name (you are only an AU, after all), so you are not legally responsible for it. 

Keep us updated. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

I was actually hoping to have the card added as it's currently not reporting. Even with the old missed payments, this trade line increased by EQ and TU scores 20-50 points due to how old the account is with majority of on-time payments.

Is it worth calling again to have this account added or potentially merged back into my report?

What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@19eighty5 wrote:

I was actually hoping to have the card added as it's currently not reporting. Even with the old missed payments, this trade line increased by EQ and TU scores 20-50 points due to how old the account is with majority of on-time payments.

Is it worth calling again to have this account added or potentially merged back into my report?

IMHO, no. Doing so will show that you have do not have an immaculate payment history. Believe me, this could prevent you from being approved for cards in the future. Based on your siggy, I take it you are are rebuilding. As rebuilders, our singular objective is to clean our reports as much as possible.  The AU account could be useful in the short term, but not in the long term. If you want to increase your AAoA, find someone with an old account with a perfect payment history. If you are unable to, just garden until you reach your desired goal. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Right on! Thanks for your insight.

What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.