Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check Total Trial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Check Total Trial

After reading on here so many times about CCT, I decided to pull the trigger and order my 3B Credit Report & Scores for $1.

I do have a couple of questions. 

I ordered on Friday, 8/10/18 but my payment information on CCT states my next bill date is 8/20/18. I thought it was only 7 days? Should I cancel on Friday, 8/17/18 just to be safe?

Also, I thought I read you could sneak in a second report before the trial is over. Is that true or did I misread something? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Check Total Trial

I cancel immediately after downloading my report, just so that I don't forget and get charged. Also, I have a prepaid card to use with $25 original amount, so it wouldn't process anyway if I forgot.

Regarding two reports, I have no idea because like I mentioned above, I cancel immediately. But, do you really expect much change on your report within the 7 day trial?

After canceling and after the time your 7 day period would have expired, it gives you the option to pull report again for $1.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I cancel immediately after downloading my report, just so that I don't forget and get charged. Also, I have a prepaid card to use with $25 original amount, so it wouldn't process anyway if I forgot.

Regarding two reports, I have no idea because like I mentioned above, I cancel immediately. But, do you really expect much change on your report within the 7 day trial?

After canceling and after the time your 7 day period would have expired, it gives you the option to pull report again for $1.

Thank you for the reply. I expect a change because I pulled the trigger before my new statement balance reported to the bureaus. Trying not to abuse the $1 trial so I can pull atleast once a month when my new statement balance reports. I read somewhere that they can blacklist people who use the trial too often.  Worse case is that I wait until 9/15 when I know my statement balance reports so I can gauge how my UTL is affecting my scores. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you cancel by phone you can cancel anytime (between registration and end of trial period) and still get the 2nd report refresh in 7 days, if you cancel online you will lose your ability to refresh so you must wait to cancel on the 7th day right after the refresh in order to get the refresh.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

I ordered on Friday, 8/10/18 but my payment information on CCT states my next bill date is 8/20/18. I thought it was only 7 days? Should I cancel on Friday, 8/17/18 just to be safe?

Also, I thought I read you could sneak in a second report before the trial is over. Is that true or did I misread something? 

That's just telling you that if you don't cancel your trial membership on time that you'll be billed the full monthly membership on the 20th.  What you want to do is on Friday 8/17 log in and in the bottom right corner click the "3 bureau refresh available" to get your second 3B report/score pull.  Immediately following that pull, go under your account and cancel your trial membership.  That's all there is to it.  You are welcome to do another trial membership again any time you want.  In fact, if you log into your account on Saturday or Sunday the first thing you'll see is, "Congratulations!  You're eligible for another trial..." like you won some sort of sweepstakes.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousI read somewhere that they can blacklist people who use the trial too often.  

100% false information there.  I've done over 50 $1 trials and have never had a problem.  Most people that reference a problem have only done a handful of trials (far less than me) so I can assure you that them being blacklisted or having issues is not caused by excessive trials, otherwise I would have been shut down over a year ago.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the helpful information. I will try what you advised first thing tomorrow. Smiley Wink

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

That's just telling you that if you don't cancel your trial membership on time that you'll be billed the full monthly membership on the 20th.  What you want to do is on Friday 8/17 log in and in the bottom right corner click the "3 bureau refresh available" to get your second 3B report/score pull.  Immediately following that pull, go under your account and cancel your trial membership.  That's all there is to it.  You are welcome to do another trial membership again any time you want.  In fact, if you log into your account on Saturday or Sunday the first thing you'll see is, "Congratulations!  You're eligible for another trial..." like you won some sort of sweepstakes.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

Did exactly as you said and BOOM.. New report/scores & cancelled membership all before my morning coffee.. Thank you again.. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

Did exactly as you said and BOOM.. New report/scores & cancelled membership all before my morning coffee.. Thank you again.. 

Sweet.  You'll be able to do another $1 trial at any time going forward as well.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm glad you followed BBS's advice -- he knows CCT inside & out.

Note: One thing not mentioned: if you pull 2nd report on Day 7 -- btw, you don't have to use it then, you can wait -- and you don't immediately cancel your membership, Day 8 & 9 will come with fresh EX scores. Several times I've waited an extra day or two to order my 2nd 3-bureau, and several times I've taken it at Day 7, but in both cases waited until after Day 9's EX update to cancel. I've had no problems cancelling at that point (it's written in the TOS). 

This week I did none of that, as I was waiting for TU & EQ to show a payment that posted on EX on Monday. So Tuesday spent $1 (nope) & immed cancel; Wedn payment showed on EQ but not on TU so another immed cancel; Thursday TU showed so didn't cancel. Some time next week I'll use the 2nd one. 

I heart CCT.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.