Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Credit Reports

tag
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

Credit Karma Credit Reports

Hi folks, just signed up with this service and writing my first post. Hoping to get some help here. Recently, i have signed up with this creditrepair company and they have been helpful so far. The guy at that company has filed disputes for all the account on my credit report. The real question is about CreditKarma. A day ago i pulled my credit report from CreditKarma and in the Equifax, it said that some account were removed my credit file but shows those same accounts as negative in Transunion. I also called Equifax just to make sure if those accounts were removed but they said nothing was removed. So, does anyone know whats going on here or has this happend to anyone before. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Karma Credit Reports

Equifax confirms the accounts are still listed?  I've heard of people having some weird problems like this, but I haven't experienced any issues.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 7
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

Yes, I talked to Equifax the next day after pulling the new report and it showed there at the same time the lady said the samething. Like i said i m working with this creditrepair usa and the guy name mitch has been helpful. According to Equifax, those accounts gonna fall off around 11/2019 but mitch tells me there something can be done to remove those accounts from credit report. I have mixed feelings with this. 

Message 3 of 7
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Credit repair companies aren't really doing anything more than you can do yourself.  Most people that use them do so because they don't have the time to deal with it themselves.  If you have the time, take the money you are paying them and put it towards your rebuild instead of paying them.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 7
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply and i know your are right 100%. I just don't have time for this. He started the disputing process last month and had some luck. I called him up and he said he is going for the second round of disputing and should have some good results in about 30-40 days. 

Message 5 of 7
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Be carefull when it comes to disputing items on your credit report. If the item comes back verified it could lower your score because the DOLA changes.  You actually have better chances disputing an item direct with the creditor then getting it removes from a cb dispute.

When disputing with a CB it doesn't matter what the story is, or how long your dispute is.  You can even mail a 60 page dispute to a CB and it all comes down to receiving a 2 digit code.  This gets sent to your creditor along with 100's of others at the same time, and the computer program just sends back what their recirds shows, along with verified if it matced or updated if it is not.  If its closed accounts saying they are removed, it could be the DOLA updated,and the account updated.  I know Equifax has a unique file that other vendors can't decode their codes as easily.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 6 of 7
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Amiashu12 wrote:

Hi folks, just signed up with this service and writing my first post. Hoping to get some help here. Recently, i have signed up with this creditrepair company and they have been helpful so far. The guy at that company has filed disputes for all the account on my credit report. The real question is about CreditKarma. A day ago i pulled my credit report from CreditKarma and in the Equifax, it said that some account were removed my credit file but shows those same accounts as negative in Transunion. I also called Equifax just to make sure if those accounts were removed but they said nothing was removed. So, does anyone know whats going on here or has this happend to anyone before. Thanks in advance.

I am pretty sure the majority of credit repair agency operators are the direct decendants of snake oil salesmen, medical quackery device inventers, and probably had a previous job running pyramid schemes...for every 1 reputable CRA, there are 10 who are absolute crooks.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.