Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Transunion Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma Transunion Dispute

Hello all, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.

Has anyone else disputed Transunion via Credit Karma? I had issues trying to load my report on my phone on Transunion's website last Friday while on my lunchbreak at work, so I opted to dispute via CK. I'm surprised how quick the turnaround was, I got an email today (3 days later) that my dispute was resolved in my favor/ account deleted!  It was a closed Perkins loan/ paid off that my University said would be updated to report as never late if it was paid off but unfortunately it was taking some time for the servicer to update so I just went ahead and disputed since the servicer already acknowledged they had my University's notification on my file to remove the derog's. So now that I have no derogatories on my account I can focus on paying my CC balances down and get my DTI ratio under control. Very happy how quick the process was!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Karma Transunion Dispute

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.

Has anyone else disputed Transunion via Credit Karma? I had issues trying to load my report on my phone on Transunion's website last Friday while on my lunchbreak at work, so I opted to dispute via CK. I'm surprised how quick the turnaround was, I got an email today (3 days later) that my dispute was resolved in my favor/ account deleted! 

It was a closed Perkins loan/ paid off that my University said would be updated to report as never late if it was paid off but unfortunately it was taking some time for the servicer to update so I just went ahead and disputed since the servicer already acknowledged they had my University's notification on my file to remove the derog's. So now that I have no derogatories on my account I can focus on paying my CC balances down and get my DTI ratio under control. Very happy how quick the process was!

Yup I have used them, took a little longer than 3 days and I never use a phone for internet always a laptop, a lot easier than the phone. Welcome to my Fico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma Transunion Dispute

I recently just used CK to dispute an error on my TU report to. I was missing payment history for the month of August on my Cap One account.

At first I thought it was Cap One, turns out TU recieved the information they just neglected to add it to my report.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.