Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report: Missing Comenity Cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Report: Missing Comenity Cards?

I checked my 3-bureau reports this morning and noticed that my scores took a small dip and that my Comenity store cards are missing. Not closed, not under a different name, just...missing. I have never seen this before and am not sure who I am even supposed to contact about this. I logged into both accounts through Comenity, and they are there and show my available balance correctly. I DID recently do a name change. So I don't know if it is related to this. I don't know why it would, but stranger things happen with this company. Does anybody have any suggestions, advice, comments? (Besides the fact that Comenity sucks lol) 

Mods: If this is the wrong forum section, I apologize. I honestly wasn't sure where to post this. Thank you for your understanding.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Report: Missing Comenity Cards?

I would call them and explain that your cards are not showing on your credit reports, they were before and now they're not, and ask to insert them back
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
I would call them and explain that your cards are not showing on your credit reports, they were before and now they're not, and ask to insert them back

Thanks @pizza1. I will give them a call and see what they say. I'm just hoping they don't screw up anything else like they have a tendency to do.

Bleh.png

Message 3 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If all fails, let Equifax do its magic, lolSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
If all fails, let Equifax do its magic, lolSmiley Wink

I tried multiple reps with both cards, and the consensus was the same... they had no clue how it happened, nor how to fix it. Now, not to sound ignorant, but what is the "Equifax magic?" 

Stressed.png

Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry, my bad humor. Equifax is the absolute worse credit bureau that can make a small problem into a giant headache. More than likely if they had their shot at fixing it, your whole profile would disappear lol. Ymmv of course but just read up on our Eq experiences here and youll understand.
Message 6 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Name is one of the things used to determine which credit report an update lands on.

Possible with the name change you now have a split file (new name and old name) and I would be talking to Equifax to see if it can be straightened out. I assume Comenity has the new name correctly?

        
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:
Name is one of the things used to determine which credit report an update lands on.

Possible with the name change you now have a split file (new name and old name) and I would be talking to Equifax to see if it can be straightened out. I assume Comenity has the new name correctly?

Thanks for this information @Revelate. I had asked Experian about the possibility of that, they of course told me no. TransUnion and Equifax have the Comenity trade lines showing as of this morning. Experian still does not. To answer your question, yes, Comenity and my other credit accounts all have the new name. None of the reporting agencies seem to have my new name on file.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Sorry, my bad humor. Equifax is the absolute worse credit bureau that can make a small problem into a giant headache. More than likely if they had their shot at fixing it, your whole profile would disappear lol. Ymmv of course but just read up on our Eq experiences here and youll understand.

Oh! You confused me lol.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate You were right! My profile split. I had to submit a ticket with Experian to try and get everything merged. Hopefully this won't screw up my credit in any way, shape or form. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.