Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score dropped 99 points??

tag
GalaxyStars
Regular Contributor

Credit Score dropped 99 points??

So with a total of $28,000 in Credit available, was only using a max of $720.00 for a new iPAD I purchased.

Barclays Cash Foward card still in it's 0% interest free term.

I pay down my $175, just because I could. And my score drops 99 points?????????

Nothing else has changed on my account but a lower utilization, no new collections, inquiries, accounts or anything.

So basically I am being punished for not having enough debt?

Also all my other cards are at $0.00 balances. This was the only card with any type of balance.

Image included on this post.

Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 10.16.27 AM.png

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Score dropped 99 points??

Did you loose these points on all three bureau's?  or which one did you loose the points?

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 13
GalaxyStars
Regular Contributor

Just Experian, Transunion and Equifax stayed the EXACT same.
Message 3 of 13
GalaxyStars
Regular Contributor

Now I'm fully aware that people have seen small credit drops by paying down accounts. But it's normally 10-20 points, but 100 points????

Message 4 of 13
Pway
Valued Contributor

I really don't know.  It could be a glitch in the system.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing else has changed on my account

Something has changed. A 99 point score drop isn't possible without a major negative. Have you pulled a fresh report, or are you just looking at the alert?

Message 6 of 13
GalaxyStars
Regular Contributor

Yes.

I pulled a new report and nothing else has changed.

No new accounts, collections, inquiries, the only change of course is lower Utilization.

Have went over it 3-4 times now.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the UTI on the Barclay? My DW lost 23 on ex and 13 on EQ because we let a card post with a 52 UTI. Even tho her overall UTI is still 6%. She was dinged for the one card. TU however went up 2 points.

edit: nvm was on mobile and didn't see the screen shot

Message 8 of 13
Appleman
Valued Contributor

I would go to CreditChecktotal and get a trial for $1, assuming you have not had one recently. (Cancel within 7 days)

See what they say, they will match myFICO scores (for FICO 08), and are at times even a few days ahead.

Message 9 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

There is definitely something up. 99 points is a huge differential for there to be no explanation for it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.