Did you mean: 

Credit.com starting new monitoring product

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit.com new service

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

How often does the credit.com new service update the credit reports? Thank you and be safe.

One thing to note for those joining the service is to know that your credit reports have to be unlocked in order for the reports to update.

I inquired with CSR as to when a person has to unlock their reports so the update occurs and this is what I've gotten so far:

As for a time frame of when to unlock your reports for your ExtraCredit update is still under investigation. I will place this ticket on hold until I receive clarification on that specific question. 

It's a habit to lock/freeze your reports once you start doing so and as I and most others are wary of leaving reports open unless apping for somthing it's important to know the time frame to unlock for updates (credit.com doesn't update immediately so you can't just unlock/unfreeze update and lock/freeze).

I received clarification it's supposed to be every two weeks, but I strategically unlocked and it still took an extra two days so it was two days late to update. 

Message 81 of 158
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

How often does the credit.com new service update the credit reports? Thank you and be safe.

One thing to note for those joining the service is to know that your credit reports have to be unlocked in order for the reports to update.

I inquired with CSR as to when a person has to unlock their reports so the update occurs and this is what I've gotten so far:

As for a time frame of when to unlock your reports for your ExtraCredit update is still under investigation. I will place this ticket on hold until I receive clarification on that specific question. 

It's a habit to lock/freeze your reports once you start doing so and as I and most others are wary of leaving reports open unless apping for somthing it's important to know the time frame to unlock for updates (credit.com doesn't update immediately so you can't just unlock/unfreeze update and lock/freeze).

I received clarification it's supposed to be every two weeks, but I strategically unlocked and it still took an extra two days so it was two days late to update. 

What is supposed to be every two weeks?

It's my understanding the service updates once a month. I joined 10 days ago and today its showing next update in 20 days.

Are you saying you need to unlock CR two weeks before credit.com updates it? If so not liking that method.

Message 82 of 158
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

So I had same question on timing, and a CSR got back to me the other day.

She told me to unlock 48 hours before next update. 

Going to test it out and I'll report back. 

Message 83 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s supposed to update every 14 days. I unlocked the night before and it didn’t work it updated 2 days later.

Maybe unlocking 48 hours ahead will make a difference?
Message 84 of 158
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That would be great if it happens, so far it's only been monthly for me:

scores.png

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 85 of 158
dryanaz80
Valued Member

Just sharing my experience with this service.... unsure if the ScoreSence is what is being discussed, but, I was disappointed to find out unlike Experian's service or MyFICO, all 3 scores are Vantage scores.  It was also a bit of a pain to cancel the trial membership. However, it had a nice credit insight tool that showed discrepancies across the 3 reports. Overall, I'll stick with Experian's 3 bureau monitoring based on price.  

Message 86 of 158
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Message 87 of 158
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@dryanaz80 wrote:

Just sharing my experience with this service.... unsure if the ScoreSence is what is being discussed, but, I was disappointed to find out unlike Experian's service or MyFICO, all 3 scores are Vantage scores.  It was also a bit of a pain to cancel the trial membership. However, it had a nice credit insight tool that showed discrepancies across the 3 reports. Overall, I'll stick with Experian's 3 bureau monitoring based on price.  

The new "ExtraCredit" product is the one that this thread is covering, it does give 28 FICO scores for $25/month. @Anonymous reported that their support group said the scores are supposed to update every 14 days but I haven't seen that yet and I haven't see any posts that anyone else had either. It is currently showing "next update in 13 days" which is still a 30 day cycle (last report on 7/11).

Edit: @Trudy beat me to it.

Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Message 88 of 158
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@FlaDude wrote:

@dryanaz80 wrote:

The new "ExtraCredit" product is the one that this thread is covering, it does give 28 FICO scores for $25/month. @Anonymous reported that their support group said the scores are supposed to update every 14 days but I haven't seen that yet and I haven't see any posts that anyone else had either. It is currently showing "next update in 13 days" which is still a 30 day cycle (last report on 7/11).

Edit: @Trudy beat me to it.

I think the 14 days is regarding the free credit.com account.  

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 89 of 158
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@Trudy wrote:

I think the 14 days is regarding the free credit.com account.  

Based on what I have seen so far, that seems likely. The support person answering @Anonymous was probably confused about the product.

Message 90 of 158
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.