Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit inquiries

I have a question is there anyway of getting rid of some inquiries. I believe that Is why creditors will not issue new credit to me. That is why Citi said they won’t and Barkley.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit inquiries

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a question is there anyway of getting rid of some inquiries. I believe that Is why creditors will not issue new credit to me. That is why Citi said they won’t and Barkley.

How many inquiries do you have?

As far as I know there is now way to remove inquiries. 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like 50
Message 3 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Inquires only stay on your report 2 years, stop having affect on your score after 1 year.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only inquiries you can "get rid of" are ones that shouldn't be there.  If you see inquiries that aren't legitimate, you can dispute them.  If they are legit, there's no reason to try to remove them.  They're supposed to be there.  As mentioned above, they vanish after 2 years and stop impacting score after 1 year.  Inquiries are one of the least impactful parts of FICO scoring.

Message 5 of 13
My_Fako
Established Contributor

I would advise against disputing INQ's. You risk having fraud alerts put on your file etc.
Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 6 of 13
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

50 inquiries shows potential creditors that you're seeking credit & may view you as high risk because you're so actively looking. Do you have existing credit lines that you can mature & work on?

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes between all my credit lines I have 30,000 in avaible credit with only 11% use. But can’t understand why American Express and Citi will not approve me. I have been rebuilding my credit for about 2 1/2 -3 years.
Message 8 of 13
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Need more data points to really help you BUT to keep it simple...I'd stop apping, age & manage your current lineup, try increase existing lines without HP,  & consider another attempt in 6 months to 1 year.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousYes between all my credit lines I have 30,000 in avaible credit with only 11% use. But can’t understand why American Express and Citi will not approve me.

11% utilization across $30k in available credit represents over $3k in debt.  Depending on how the rest of your profile looks, what your income is, etc. that could be considered pretty significant.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.